Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,475
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:57:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Big Brother 2010

Started by Emma Raducanu, May 22, 2010, 06:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you be watching this year's Big Brother

Yes
No

Ja'moke

Apparently Endemol are making a British version of The Golden Cage, a show similar to Big Brother, where a bunch of strangers live in a luxury villa. I think in the Netherlands it went on for over a year, I'm not sure if anyone actually gets eliminated, or its a case of who ever stays there the longest wins the villa.

It does feel a little strange not seeing the usual Big Brother eye idents on TV, usually we'd have a Celebrity Big Brother coming up next week. Oh well, at least America is still plugging along with their reality shows, Survivor is back in February, and Big Brother US in July; speaking of which, I remember a couple of people here said they were going to check out some of the old BBUS seasons, did anyone attempt this?

Ja'moke

Big Brother may not be dead afterall:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/jan/31/richard-desmond-big-brother?CMP=twt_fd

QuoteThe Channel 5 owner has resumed negotiations with the show's producer, Endemol UK, after they ground to a halt last autumn without a deal being done.

Big Brother came to an end after 10 years on Channel 4 in September. Desmond would take both the regular edition of the reality show plus its celebrity spinoff, Celebrity Big Brother.

A deal could be done within weeks, according to reports, with speculation already mounting that the show's original host, Davina McCall, would follow the format to Channel 5.

Johnny Townmouse

This is a perfect opportunity to completely change the show, and create a whole different environment, format, time-slot etc. In fact, they should approach it as if it is a new programme, and even consider alternative methods for bringing in and kicking out contestants. Of course I just want them to fuck around with the contestants as much as possible with mind-games, moles, lies etc etc. Also, I do wish it was more back-stabbing, in the style of the infinitely more dramatic BBUS.

But I imagine they will lift the format wholesale and re-pedal it for an even more dumbed down audience. I think even Dave could do this better.

There is no way Davina would do this - surely?

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Johnny Townmouse on January 31, 2011, 03:40:47 PMThere is no way Davina would do this - surely?

Not according to what she said around Christmas-time.

I'm guessing Richard Desmond has had a bit of an education over the last few months as to exactly how much TV shows really cost to make.

mcbpete

Emma Willis is tipped to front the new Big Brother (According to the Daily Star, which also being owned by Desmond gives a pretty solid grounding for the story)

I agree with JT, they've got to start afresh. They really need to restructure the audition procress, and pick housemates that are just ordinary people, rather than those with media connections / fame savvy wannabes.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: mcbpete on January 31, 2011, 08:14:50 PMEmma Willis is tipped to front the new Big Brother (According to the Daily Star, which also being owned by Desmond gives a pretty solid grounding for the story)

Ahhhh, that would make a lot of sense.  She's a huge fan, and it became clear from semi-jokey comments towards the end of last year's BBLB that she'd have loved to have had Davina's job.  Looks like now she will!

Artemis

Some of the housemates attended Dave's 'Gloryfest'[nb]held at the Holiday Inn in Newport[/nb] a week or so ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ce4E3XHMz0

My guess is that Keeley's leg wasn't healed, and what the hell was Rachel1 doing leading worship at the end, there?!