Author Topic: Support CaB by purchasing your Amazon comedy products through this thread.  (Read 22995 times)

If you buy your Amazon products through these links, CaB gets 5% of the cost, and I can then continue to improve and expand the site in general.  Bear in mind, also, that after 11 years of getting by on donated hosting, CaB is now too busy to do this, and so there are expensive server/domain name bills to be paid for every year.

CaB store on Amazon

Amazon just generally:
Amazon.co.uk

Just click through, order your products as usual, and then feel satisfied about the fact that you're now helping support this website. 

Guy

• Twiglets for the guys
Whenever my eye sweeps past the Day Today thumbnail, I keep seeing The Count from Sesame Street grinning back at me:

Haha, you're funny AND good-looking (in my head).

And yes, a good cause, Neil. I'll do so in future.

Rowlands

• Fisssssst
just purchased Munnery's joke book via the link on this thread

Re: Support CaB by purchasing your Amazon comedy products through this thread.
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 05:56:38 PM »
Can we in some way make this more popular?
I wouldn't even mind apop-up every now and again. Or a side bar or half way down the page advert... Whatever. Just I always forget to do this. (apart from just now, but then it's only for a cheap cable)

Shoulders?-Stomach!

• Are we human? Or are we toilet
    • http://jackanderton.jamendo.net/
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 06:00:31 PM »
I'm poor so I can't do as you wish, but I promise to order other people around, as my way of helping.

Now hop to it, you scum.

Big Jack McBastard

• Dancing on unicorn bones.
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 06:07:17 PM »
I did this with the Four Lions DVD (argh I've been influenced!) and shall do so with some other stuff I've got my eye on, shortly.

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 06:08:03 PM »
There were Google ads on the forums pages (I want to keep the main site free of that stuff, as I feel it would be unethical), but Google decided to kick me off rather than give me a payment.  Which I was warned about ahead of time, actually.  So yes, there will be some Amazon banners going up instead, but realistically I'll have to try and sell proper ad space, as Amazon makes a pittance. 

(Google said I hadn't done anything wrong, but had the potentional to generate invalid clicks.  I.e. they took hundreds of thousands of free page impressions, then decided they didn't like the look of me for no reason at all, and stole what money I had earned them.)

Big Jack McBastard

• Dancing on unicorn bones.
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 06:15:03 PM »
Google are twats, nuff said.

chocky909

• zzzzz
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 06:42:06 PM »
I've got the CaB link set as my bookmark so it should automatically make all my purchases link.

I use http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.co.uk%2F&tag=cookdandbombd-21&linkCode=ur2&camp=1634&creative=6738 as my bookmark in Firefox.

I wish I knew that it worked but I suppose there's no way to know that without telling Neil what I've bought recently and getting him to cross reference. Do all purchases get the same percentage of cashback or are they in different catagories?

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 09:50:22 PM »
I've always wondered how sites make money from advertising, and how much.
There always seems to be a lot of traffic on this site, if you post something in GB, after 5 minutes there have normally been a few hundred views.

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 11:23:27 PM »
I linked the CaB shop in a basefuck thread when someone asked me how I got 4 lions for £3. Wish I'd thought of doing it sooner, but it should still bring in some orders.

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 11:28:33 PM »
Thank you, good timing as the server bill had to be paid today.  I'd better try and get back on the adverts trail, as I don't get anything per click of the Amazon etc banners, they're just kind of stop-gaps until I can find a replacement for the Google ads.

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 04:36:15 PM »
This SMF mod automatically adds a referral to any Amazon links contained in users' posts.  I'm not sure if this sort of thing would upset people but I'd be cool with it if it helped with the bills:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=893

Edit: Looks like this hasn't been updated for a while so it might need some tweaking to work with the new version.

Use Amazon quite a bit, so I've bookmarked this.

Just wondering, do you get anything from Used items?

MIDI1

• Pissing Like A King
Nice touch, yeah I'll do that.

added to bookmarks bar!

Smillsoid

• Simon the Psi Man
    • Kissyfoot
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2014, 04:21:49 PM »
Whenever my eye sweeps past the Day Today thumbnail, I keep seeing The Count from Sesame Street grinning back at me:

I reckon that's entirely intentional.

Thanks for this thread, I will use this later.