Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:21:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dennis Hopper is dead

Started by Why I Hate Tables, May 29, 2010, 06:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why I Hate Tables

Dennis Hopper died from prostate cancer at 8.15 this morning. As late as two days ago, those who knew and representing him were squashing rumours that he was dead. He finally is. While he was undoubtedly a complicated man (read - beat up his wife) he left behind some great work. Here's to his fuck.

lipsink

I just heard this and was quite shocked. Very sad. Even if he was apparently a cunt, he's an actor that I grew up watching. And I was just reading an Uncut article about 'The Last Movie'. And he had one of my favourite laughs ever. Anyone know if him and Fonda ever settled their differences? RIP. Now it's dark.

Glebe

biggytitbo

Ohh fuck! I was only thinking about Dennis Hopper earlier wondering how he was fairing too. A true legend.

boxofslice

Sad news but not wholly unexpected as he had been ill for some time.  A troubled and difficult man but undeniablly talented.  Truly terrifying and unsettling in Blue Velvet, a film I first saw when I was 14 - not something a young teenage boy should watch really. RIP.

Santa's Boyfriend

The only time I remember Dennis Hopper ever playing a good guy (or at least a fairly normal good guy).  Very powerful stuff:

True Romance - Sicilians