Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,477
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:32:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Steve Martin to be new Inspector Clouseau

Started by @ssmaster, May 08, 2004, 03:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@ssmaster

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040508/325/et37g.html

What do you think about this then? Personally I think Inspector Clouseau should of died with Peter Sellers, there is no way that this is going to be better than any of the original Pink Panther movies, MGM must know that so why are they going to deficate over the originals some second rate rubbish?

Didn't someone do a 'Son of Clouseau' movie ages ago that predictably bombed?

Big Jack McBastard

Ooooh not a good idea, Steve Martin stopped being funny years back, plus isn't he a bit old to be doing this?

That's just wrong.

mr rou-rou

@ssmaster

Not according to the above article he isn't

QuoteKline will be playing Clouseau's boss, while Reno will play Clouseau's police assistant, taking on aspects of the sidekick role of Cato, Sellers' Asian valet in the original, who made surprise attacks on the inspector to keep his faculties sharp.

You wind up merchant...

Smackhead Kangaroo

i saw his Bilko a while back, behind the men's lavs in Victoria.
It was ABSOLUTELY horrible and not a patch on the original series.
Steve Martin is odd, I used to not mind him but now something about his exaggerated actions and gurning bug me, it's the falseness of his expression. Damn americans. And that's tainted anything he's done in the past too, it colours what his previous comedic work looks like

untitled_london

grrrrr

standing on the shoulders of giants.

grrrr

morgs

Quote from: "@ssmaster"MGM must know that so why are they going to deficate over the originals some second rate rubbish?

Didn't someone do a 'Son of Clouseau' movie ages ago that predictably bombed?

Yes 1993's 'Son of the Pink Panther' starring Roberto Benigni - appalling.  Why not just start a new franchise, or just try something original.  What is the obsession with remakes of perfectly good movies??? A Shot In the Dark is near-on perfect.

Makes my blood boil.  Too true about Steve Martin as well.  I am finding it hard to appreciate his old stuff as much now that he keeps on crapping on his own reputation.

dan dirty ape

Quote from: "morgs"[  Too true about Steve Martin as well.  I am finding it hard to appreciate his old stuff as much now that he keeps on crapping on his own reputation.

I dunno, it'll take a hell of a lot to stop me loving 'The Man With Two Brains'.

morgs

Yes, that's probably me exception that proves the rule!  Struggled with The Jerk the other night, and I have always loved it.  Trouble is that for every Man with Two Brains and The Jerk is a Father of the Bride 2 or Bilko.  Keep thinking of these crap movies when watching the old classics.

I love the little moment with the superglued fingers in The man with two brains.  Sad joke, but cracks me up every time

dan dirty ape

'O pointy birds
A pointy-pointy
Anoint my love
Anointy-nointy'

A few short years later, fucking 'Parenthood'.

morgs

Quote from: "dan dirty ape"'O pointy birds
A pointy-pointy
Anoint my love
Anointy-nointy'
Ah yes, The Complete Poems of John Lillison, England's greatest one-armed poet... Almost worthy of Morris that!