Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:20:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Flash!!!

Started by Gazeuse, February 06, 2004, 03:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gazeuse

I remember a while ago, someone asked about how to post flash sound files on here and someone (I think it was Rats) kindly posted some code.

I was wondering if someone could post it again and also let me know if you can use it on an HTML page or an email.

Ta very much!!!

smoker

Gazeuse

Eh??? Who's senile now, Smoker!!!

smoker

Gazeuse

I've taken your name down.

weekender

I'd appreciate the code as well.  There's a particular song I would like to take a bit of and put in a flash file so I can post it as a response to idiots, rather than having to go to the trouble of pointing out why they are idiots.

Doctor Stamen

I thought this was about Queen too.  Awww bollocks.

Gazeuse

Quote from: "smoker"aaaa-aaaaah!

<ahem>

I see now

*Bites back of hand and slinks away*

Rats

It wouldn't have been me. I use swish so I don't have to fuck about. You could put it into an email so long as the email takes html which I'm guessing it does. You'll be better off just having a link to an mp3. But if you're wanting to make something in flash, download swish 2 and get yourself a crack, it's really easy to pick up and you'll be making stuff like this in no time.

http://www.giantkid.net/idlewild/idlewild.html

Gazeuse

That's pretty!!!

All I want to do though is make a link which will play a sound file. I've already got the files encoded and uploaded...It'd be nice to send people a link, or have a link on a page that people could click and hear the musics.

Funky Gibbon

I remember someone started doing it before me if what you are after is what I am thinking of. I thought it was Rats as well. Even so, here is what I did. I have no idea if it works and I can't even remember how it works at this time. Hope it's useful, but if not it was worth a try.

Edit: The swf may need playing with a little.

Gazeuse

Thanks...That's the sort of thing I'm looking for!!!

Can this sort of thing be put in an email do you know???

Funky Gibbon

Quote from: "Gazeuse"Thanks...That's the sort of thing I'm looking for!!!

I doubt it unless you put it in as a web link, or if you can rewrite it as an .exe.

Gazeuse

Quote from: "Funky Gibbon"
Quote from: "Gazeuse"Thanks...That's the sort of thing I'm looking for!!!

I doubt it unless you put it in as a web link, or if you can rewrite it as an .exe.

Ta...That sounds a bit tricky, but I'll have a fiddle!!!