Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:54:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Red Dead Redemption - Online

Started by Neil, June 14, 2010, 06:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I can't go near that other thread, it's an absolute spoiler mine-field.  This should make it easier to arrange, anyway.

Who's up for some online, then?  I'm still going very slowly through the main game, and have now switched to Assassin's Creed II for a while, but I couldn't resist going online to check it out last week.  It was...fucking brilliant, I was thoroughly engrossed by it for a complete day, and was happy to take a break from the sun, by sitting in my living room with the curtains drawn. 

The stage-coaches are fun, when you start getting into a posse.  There was this thrilling bit I experienced, where the posse I was in were being chased by a bunch of other cowboys who we'd shot the shit out of.  Our only escape is across this valley, but the only way to cross it that was immediately available to us, was a railroad track that ran right across the vast expanse.  The enemy were closing in on us pretty fast, and I think we only had one horse left pulling our stagecoach at this point.  We decided there was nothing left to do but try and negotiate this massive vehicle over the slim bridge.  It was one of the most tense, exciting bits of gaming I've ever experienced - we could only slowly crawl across the railway track at first, with the driver constantly correcting his path, and the rest of us leaning out the back to shoot at the rapidly approaching gang on our tail.  About halfway over, he decided to pretty much floor it, and we somehow managed to make it over, before cheering like maniacs, and speeding off before anyone was brave enough to try the same trick.

I love how it's quite tense when you see other cowboys in free roam.  This is particularly true when you're doing one of the missions - you are never sure whether or not they're going to kill you, and you have to decide whether or not to shoot first. 

Let's arrange some games, then.  Maybe a bit of free roam later on tonight?  Gamertag is neilbombd.

dr_christian_troy

I'm up for it. My gamertag is calnert.

Yes, people who recognise the name from another time, that calnert.

EDIT: I, too, am on the PS3.

mobias

Good idea. People need to be clear what platform they've got though. I'm PS3 only and my gametag is mobe7. Later on in the evening is best for me. Will be around tonight if anyone wants a game. 

Am I right in thinking you're a 360 gamer Neil?

Neil

pk1yen

I'll be on Xbox Live sometime soon with a mate as soon as I set up his ICS for him on his new Xbox Elite (which he bought roughly 48 hours before the new slimline was unveiled for the same price).

Gamertag is pk1yen.

Slaaaaabs

I would play on the PS3 but my ISP has switched up their connection so I can no longer get a stable connection to PSN! HOOFUCKINGRAY!

DJ Solid Snail

Only just seen this thread, and it's a tad late in the evening now, but I'd definitely be up for this tomorrow. Gamertag's DJSolidSnail.

micanio

Count me in, I've only had a quick scout round the MP. Looks ace.

Gamertag is micanio