Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:20:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblemong 2010! Draws and rules

Started by Kishi the Bad Lampshade, June 15, 2010, 12:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should gifs be allowed?

750x500 (and visa versa)
0 (0%)
visa versa
0 (0%)
Keeping to the usual size rules
0 (0%)
Gettin' Ziggy wid it. Na na na na na na na. Na na na na na na. Gettin' Ziggy wid it.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 21, 2010, 05:13:53 PM

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

The lots have been drawn...

SMBH v The Region Legion
The Boston Crab v dredd
copylight v AsparagusTrevor
Old Thrashbarg v gmoney
ziggy v Big Jack McBastard
biniput v Rowlands
nagsworth v Phil_A
wasp v Kishi
alcoholic messiah v Miles
micanio v Mr_Simnock
An tSaoi v Delete
fanny splendid v Fawwaz
Fry v actwithoutwords
Zero Gravitas v chocky
Mythical Wet Patch v Jemble
DocDaneeka v Cerys

If your name is first in your match title, you serve.

As Derek Trucks and  ziggy starbucks once wisely said:

QuoteA quick reminder of the rules:

1. Each match will consist of two shots per player.
2. The player with the opening shot (i.e. the server) can put what they want in their picture.  But all subsequent pictures (i.e the return) must contain, either visually or conceptually, an element of the previous picture.
3. The pictures will be 600 x 400, or 400 x 600 pixels in size.
4. Voting will take place by posting the name of your favourite in the game thread immediately after play has ended (i.e. when the 4th picture of each match has been posted).  The voting will last for 48 hours.
5. Common sense prevails in image choice.
6. Pictures can be uploaded to places like photobucket.com for those who have no webspace, but the picture must be displayed in the game thread.

And a reminder of time permitted:  You have 72 hours to post an image from when the round starts or from when the last shot has been posted.  So for you servers in this round, you need to post your picture by midnight Frida [ed – oh no wait, it actually is midnight Friday!].  Keep a look out on your game for when your opponent posts their shot, as it's from that time that the 72 hours start. 

Servers, when you post your first shot start a new topic entitled:

Wimblemong 2010 – Round 1 – NameA v NameB

If anyone has reason for needing extra time, say so in the thread, but of course vous devriez ne take pas le pisse, as the French probably don't say.

I hope we all have fun.

GO!

An tSaoi

I'm no good at maths, what time is 72 hours from 12:38:50am?

rudi

Quote from: An tSaoi on June 15, 2010, 01:25:12 AM

84:38:50, obviously.

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: An tSaoi on June 15, 2010, 01:25:12 AM

You've got almost a week before you even need to consider it.

I hope you used real yarrow for the draw kishi.

Big Jack McBastard

Bloody hell I just realised I've not done this in 5 years!? Scandalous, I hope I've improved somewhat.

<cracks his monging knuckles in anticipation>

alan nagsworth

Wait... WHAT, is this starting like right now? How long have we got before we need to make  our first shot?!

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on June 15, 2010, 01:37:39 AM
almost a week

This?!

Or... WHAT

Big Jack McBastard

alan nagsworth

I dunno, the Sign-up thread indicates that it starts "tuesday" which sounds an awful lot like today, to be honest! Also it wouldn't be fair on the people who aren't serving if the draw was done over a week before it started, as the opening server would have way too long to conjur up an awesome opening shot.

So... 72 hours from today, is it?

Quote from: Kishi the Bad Lampshade on June 15, 2010, 12:38:50 AM
GO!

<jumps out of own skin>

Zero Gravitas

Artemis

Can we have a reserve list of people who could replace contestants who fail to post within the required timeframe and are therefore disqualified?

An tSaoi

So seriously, what's the deadline?

72 hours ÷ 24 hours  = 3 days. You've got today, tomorrow, Thursday.

An tSaoi

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

Apologies, bad phrasing on my part. When I say midnight Friday, I mean as in 0.38 Friday, thirty-eight minutes after the end of Thursday. I'm sorry if I did this too soon, you did seem to be jonesing for it nagsy!

A reserve list is a good idea. So we've got Artemis, and anyone else who would like to be.

alan nagsworth

Don't you worry Kishi, I already have my shot mapped out in my head so it's all good! LET'S RAWK

An tSaoi

Argh, just when I thought I was unconfused I've become reconfused. What's the new deadline? I must have dyscalculia or something.

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

There's no new deadline. It's 00.38, early in the hours of Friday morning.

Big Jack McBastard

Just found out I'm in work Thurs, Fri and Sat so feel free to take your time ziggy, unless you're planning on pressurising my idle arse, in which case; kudos.

alan nagsworth

Oh no! Waspface and Frycock have less than an hour to do something!

Does failure to do so mean the other person goes through by default?

Old Thrashbarg

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on June 17, 2010, 11:11:11 PM
Or this might come into effect?

Not only could you have simply quoted that and saved my poor browser the strain of yet another tab (source image bonanza up in dis piece) but you also posted that at 11:11:11. mook would surely agree, something is a-fucking-foot here.

Old Thrashbarg

I'm not sure why, but I did think it would be mildly amusing to provide a link rather than a quote. Firstly, the new tab/window (some people still use IE6!) would be a little bit annoying anyway, even more so when the link turned out to be back to this thread. Secondly, it adds a little bit of suspense/the element of surprise, particularly for those foolish enough to not check a URL's location, which would lead to disappointment when it turned out to be nothing more than a post from further up the page.

As for the 11:11:11 thing: the effect is lost on us 24-hour motherfuckers.

kittens

If you're not playing, are you still allowed to vote?

ThickAndCreamy

ziggy starbucks

so am I right in thinking that wasp v Kishi is the only game not to have started?

sort it ahhht wasp

I want to see a LIVE Draw for the next round, whether or not I'm involved.

I don't doubt the credibility of the draw in the slightest. I just want to see a LIVE Draw.

Kishi, do you have 16 ping pong balls and a wide-brimmed hat?

actwithoutwords

Quote from: The Boston Crab on June 18, 2010, 06:20:25 PM
Kishi, do you have 16 ping pong balls and a wide-brimmed hat?

But what about the draw?

Sorry, I got sidetracked.

Kishi, do you have 16 ping pong balls, a wide-brimmed hat and a felt-lined box?

Spoiler alert
If you have a roll-on deodorant and a wheel of Sellotape, that might also help.
[close]