Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:32:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblemong 2010! Draws and rules

Started by Kishi the Bad Lampshade, June 15, 2010, 12:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should gifs be allowed?

750x500 (and visa versa)
0 (0%)
visa versa
0 (0%)
Keeping to the usual size rules
0 (0%)
Gettin' Ziggy wid it. Na na na na na na na. Na na na na na na. Gettin' Ziggy wid it.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 21, 2010, 05:13:53 PM

copylight

Rules are rules but my shop's ready to step in like the other fallen too*.

Come on micanio, fucking post!

*conjecture

alan nagsworth

Alright, this is getting ridiculous now. I PM'd micanio this morning at 9am, he's been online since then and nothing has materialised. And Kishi is online right now. It's surely understandable that I would be very impatient at this point, is it not? Seriously, what the hell is going on?

Kishi?!

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

Calm love.

ziggy, if it's fine with Fawwaz it's fine with me, if you want to do it at the weekend. PM him if you haven't already.

If whoever doesn't show up the highest scoring loser from the previous round will come in, if they're prepared to. nags, give micanio til 1am tonight to respond (that'll be 24 hours past what he's allowed), if nothing comes up we'll bring someone else in. The person who lost by the smallest margin of error in Round 1 was Jemble, I've PM'd him and he'll play.

alan nagsworth

Cheers.

Sorry for being grumpy, but... y'know? I'm eager to crack on with it and watching everyone else get into round 2 when I have no word from either you or my opponent is pretty frustrating. Glad it's sorted now, anyway.

If Jemble does step in, is it him serving, as per the order of the draw?

Jemble Fred

YAY I AM THE BEST OF ALL THE LOSERS!

I can serve if need be.

micanio

Unfortunately, due to my life going to hell in a handbasket over the last week, I am going to have withdraw from the competition. Apologies, but I'm not going to have the time to compete...

Hope you bounce back, man. We'll miss your mad skills.

Good luck.

alan nagsworth

Yeah, looking at your stuff from previous years I was really looking forward to our match! Very sorry to hear things are not 100% at the moment, hope things pick up soon and you keep spectating the tournament at least. :)

As for the game itself: Jemble! You fancy serving, my good man? Looks like you're up to bat, mate!

ThickAndCreamy

"My good man", who do you think he is, the Archduke of Bath? Speak to him in a correct man and treat him as respectfully deserves'

OI JEMB'S YOU PONCEY WIDE EYED LOSER GET ON AND PLAY WILL YA!

Yes, I know I have contributed nothing to this tournament apart from voting, and yes I know Jemble is not just a loser, he is a valiant one.

An tSaoi

Oh dear. Looks like I'll be away until Friday. If this is deemed too long a wait for whoever I'm drawn against, then I'll bow out.

Big Jack McBastard

I implore the committee for an extra day to sort my shit out, an unexpected bout of toil and a fucked ink cartridge (which I need for reasons which will become clear) have left me unable to get mine done for today. I'll get my skates on asap and get my shot in by Sunday night.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

When are more mongs going to be happening?

I and many other spectators feel that unless we get some action soon, we may transfer our allegiance to other less reputable sports, such as bear-baiting or football.

actwithoutwords

Yeah, Round 2 stretched out a bit there. Looks like it's over now though. I presume the next round draw will be over the next few days when kishi gets a chance.

Quarter-finalists by my reckoning look like:
An tSaoi
Fawwaz
Asparagus Trevor
chocky909
Old Thrashbarg
alcoholic messiah
alan nagsworth
DocDaneeka

An tSaoi

Greetings from abroad. Might make it yet. Yay!

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

I'm sorry about being away, things happen. I'll get the draw on tonight.

rudi

Quote from: Kishi the Bad Lampshade on July 22, 2010, 11:39:48 AM
I'm sorry about being away, things happen. I'll get the draw on tonight.

So many firemen, so little time...

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

Maestro, a drumstick sausage roll drum roll please?

Old Thrashbarg v chocky909

Asparagus Trevor v Fawwaz

alcoholic messiah v An tSaoi

alan nagsworth v DocDaneeka

START MUTHAFUCKAS

gmoney

Some cock-watering match-ups there.

alan nagsworth

rudi

Weeeell Gaaaary, at this steeege of the coampatishun theeeere's nae such thing an an easy mooooong...

Cerys

Doc, you know I'll only call off the hitmen if you win.  No pressure.

Old Thrashbarg

Bollocks, sorry, I won't have time to get anything done in the next few days. Would it be allowable for the order to be reversed and chocky to serve (if he doesn't mind, of course)? If not, I'll bow out now having wasted enough of this round's time already.

chocky909

No problem. I'll set to work straight away.

ziggy starbucks

alan nagsworth

It is since I was voted out. Your defeat was the beginning of the decline and mine just tipped the scales one ounce too far.

chocky909

We're just waiting for Trev and Thrash to post replies. The other two games are over. Trev has overrun quite a bit though. Anyone heard from him?

AsparagusTrevor

Apologies for my lateness, I had a bit of crap life stuff to attend to. I've done my 2nd shot now though, all sorted.

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

Right, our semifinals are coming up, and the contestants are: chocky 909, DocDaneeka, AsparagusTrevor and to be determined (sadly alcoholic messiah has retired from the games, hopefully An tSaoi will take his place but I haven't heard back from him so things are still up in the air). I won't make the draw until we've confirmed our fourth player.

In case An tSaoi can't play, I guess we'll have to have the highest-scoring Round 2 loser in again, that being Mythical Wet Patch or lovable pub-dweller Ronnie Rowlands.