Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:26:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblemong 2010! Draws and rules

Started by Kishi the Bad Lampshade, June 15, 2010, 12:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should gifs be allowed?

750x500 (and visa versa)
0 (0%)
visa versa
0 (0%)
Keeping to the usual size rules
0 (0%)
Gettin' Ziggy wid it. Na na na na na na na. Na na na na na na. Gettin' Ziggy wid it.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 21, 2010, 05:13:53 PM

Rowlands

I'm more than willing to drag myself away from the pumps to participate. EVEN THOUGH I didn't lose by the smallest margin, more people voted in my game (34, as opposed to the 20 and 19 of the other two) leaving me with the superior ratio or somesuch. Plus, a couple of people who hadn't voted at all in the tournament voted for me.

Rowlands   lost 12:6
MWP          lost 13:6
SMBH         lost 14:6

Arrogance and self selling aside - I will do it if required.

ziggy starbucks

bit of a poor show with so many quitting the tournament

I'd just like to vote Rowlands out of contention for a re-entry.

chocky909

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on August 12, 2010, 06:25:47 PM
bit of a poor show with so many quitting the tournament

Why did alcoholic messiah quit?

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

I wasn't told, he just sent me a PM politely retiring.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

One other way of doing it- Nagsworth only lost by a vote while loads of people voted for him...

Lyndon

One of next year's entry requirements should be that you don't have a life that could get in the way. But seriously you guys are a fucking disgrace to the word 'mong'.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It's been brought to my attention that nagsworth and Rowlands could potentially face Doc who has earlier knocked them both out in different rounds, in the final. So someone else, then.

Rowlands

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 12, 2010, 07:36:30 PM
It's been brought to my attention that nagsworth and Rowlands could potentially face Doc who has earlier knocked them both out in different rounds, in the final. So someone else, then.

Oh alright we'll have the fourth best player from round two then! Don't make the link ever more tenuous, Shoulders.

It doesn't matter that much if someone plays him again. It's still a match and new ideas can still be unleashed. An tSaoi has seemingly vanished, so Nagsworth is the highest scoring loser from round 3. Depending on how you look at it, the highest scoring loser from round 2 (not including SMBH owing to his previous re-entry) is either me or Mythical Wet Patch, and if Nagsworth can't re-enter then it's a toss up.

What about me, technically undefeated first-round winner, forced to retire due to HOMELESSNESS?

Edit: Capitalisation.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

alan nagsworth

Hey, I'm game for a re-entry all up in someone's peripherals and mong-tunnels, if the need should arise. After all I was CHEATED LIKE A FUCKING CHUMP.

:)

chocky909

How about a vote thread? 24 hour vote for who you want to see replace alky in the semis.

Someone could make a list of people who are willing, available and eligible?

Good idea?

alan nagsworth

chocky909

To be honest, I don't think the closest runners up from round 2 should be allowed to jump straight to the semi. I think one of the round 3 losers should do it and given that An tSaoi isn't around that'd mean voting for either alan nagsworth, Old Thrashbarg or SMBH.

Should I just start the thread? The whole competition is slowing down to a laughable pace. I don't mean to tread on kishi's toes but it's hard not knowing if she's organising stuff in the background or waiting for us to do it ourselves. Does anyone (apart from those in question) think Round 2 losers should be included in the vote?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Both seem willing and able, why not have a match with a 24 hour deadline, and whoever wins goes through? It's taken us that long just arguing over it.

ziggy starbucks

I think kishi should make an authoritarian decision and tell us who is going through.

If she wants to make a good wife one day, she needs to take control of all work place, domestic, financial, emotional and wimblemongal issues

chocky909

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 13, 2010, 08:51:46 PM
Both seem willing and able, why not have a match with a 24 hour deadline, and whoever wins goes through? It's taken us that long just arguing over it.

Both? Who do you mean? I just want to vote for nagsworth anyway. He's definately the most worthy competitor in my eyes. And I want to have a crack at him.

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on August 13, 2010, 08:54:48 PM
I think kishi should make an authoritarian decision and tell us who is going through.

If she wants to make a good wife one day, she needs to take control of all work place, domestic, financial, emotional and wimblemongal issues

I will always defer to kishi. I just wanted to set a ball, ANY ball rolling but if she wants to pick that ball up and shove it up my arse then she's more than welcome.

I really want to start Round 4 this weekend.

ziggy starbucks

I think the person to go through is the person who has recieved most votes in total in all 3 previous rounds

only if this person is able to complete the rest of the tournament without quitting to get married or judge a hula dance competitions in Scarborough

alcoholic messiah

The boy nagsworth should at least get first refusal. The precedent of filling a vacant slot with the player who lost by the smallest margin in the previous round has been firmly established.

And having voted for him in every round, I would be delighted if he got the gig.

ziggy starbucks

I thought small man big horse alos lost by one vote but I think I'm wrong

yes, I agree with alchy messiah

Cerys

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

Right, nags it is. Apologies for not being quick on the draw, my reservation for not having him in was that he may then be playing someone he played previously, but fate has dealt me these cards so I must play with them. Let's get our semis on.

Draw at midnight tonight. Be prepared to begin preparing serves for the deadline at midnight Monday night/Tuesday morning.

Small Man Big Horse

I only made it to the third round due to someone dropping out, so don't think I should be considered for the slot.

I'd vote for Nagsy too, as he's got lovely balls. And great monging ability as well.

Edit: Yay, nice work Kishi!

chocky909

Hurrah! NagsVchocVDocVTrev

It's AAAWWWWNNNN!

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

Oh yes, it's on - finally![nb]please don't hate me[/nb]

WIMBLEMONG 2010 SEMI-FINALS:
DocDaneeka v AsparagusTrevor
chocky909 v alan nagsworth

GO GO EDIT CHAMPIONS

Little Hoover

Now, now it's not your fault that half the people who entered this year dropped out.

Cerys

No, quite the opposite.  They cannot handle it.  They are weak.

alan nagsworth

WHOA NOW, what?! Awesome! Thanks guys! :D
x