Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:31:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblemong 2010! Draws and rules

Started by Kishi the Bad Lampshade, June 15, 2010, 12:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should gifs be allowed?

750x500 (and visa versa)
0 (0%)
visa versa
0 (0%)
Keeping to the usual size rules
0 (0%)
Gettin' Ziggy wid it. Na na na na na na na. Na na na na na na. Gettin' Ziggy wid it.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 21, 2010, 05:13:53 PM

GoochDogHigh5s

Fuck the World Cup
WE HAVE WIMBLEMONG!!!!!!!!

Tokyo Sexwhale

Quote from: The Boston Crab on June 18, 2010, 06:20:25 PM
I want to see a LIVE Draw for the next round, whether or not I'm involved.

I don't doubt the credibility of the draw in the slightest. I just want to see a LIVE Draw.

Kishi, do you have 16 ping pong balls and a wide-brimmed hat?

It could at least have been done on live on CAB radio with two old pros drawing home and away.

rudi

I dream about Kishi's felt-lined box..

An tSaoi

Are animated GIFs allowed, provided they're still 400x600?

alan nagsworth

I'm pretty sure it was DocDaneeka who submitted a .gif last year and it wasn't questioned.

Ben

it was lee in his match against docdaneeka in 2008. It was not allowed

no gifs

chocky909

Quote from: Ben on June 19, 2010, 04:50:43 PM
It was not allowed

Is that a fact? If you check the thread you'll see that it was allowed (Ziggy Starbucks was in charge and said nothing) despite grumblings from a few people. He of course didn't ask before posting so it would've been harsh to disqualify him and luckily he lost to DocDaneeka so it mattered not.

I think the opinion was quite evenly split. Maybe this is the right place for a quick discussion and decision from Kishi?

Ben

chocky909

My mistake. Ziggy was last year. Derek said,

Quote from: Derek Trucks on July 13, 2008, 11:06:43 PM
I'm going to leave it up to the voters to decide whether Lee's effort was valid or not.  But ff anyone does seriously thinks this wasn't cricket do let me know.

and a few people did voice their concerns but it was allowed. It would probably be better to make a decision now whether it should be allowed again though.

I think animated GIFs should be BANNED!

Zero Gravitas

I think they should be allowed for small animated sections of an image as long the selection of any single static frame would convey the same message.

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

I've put a poll above to run for a couple of days, if it can remain vaguely unsoiled that would be great. General opinion seems to be against it though...

An tSaoi

But I need the entry posted by tomorrow. It's only some text in the background that needs to change, it's not a full-on animation.

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on June 19, 2010, 05:16:06 PM
I think they should be allowed for small animated sections of an image as long the selection of any single static frame would convey the same message.

Yeah, it's pretty much that.

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

alan nagsworth

How does it feel to wield so much raw power, Kishi? I'm jealous...

Cerys

This seems unfair on those who don't have animation packages.

Small Man Big Horse

Agreed. It's only happened the once in the eight years of the competition, as mentioned above, and the general feeling was that it wasn't particularly fair.

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

OK fine. If general opinion's against, I guess I'll have to ban it. Sorry An tSaoi.

alan nagsworth

:/

This won't bode well if he's taken the go-ahead and minimised Firefox to pore over his animation. Ack, I hope he comes back before that!

alcoholic messiah

I have to agree with banning animated pics. Although the rules made no mention of it prior to the start of the tournament, I feel it'd be like turning up on the opening day of Wimbledon wearing a white rubber gimp suit, then protesting that you haven't broken the "predominantly white garments" rule.

It might be within the letter of the law, but it somewhat flouts the spirit of this noble and ancient contest.

An tSaoi

Alright, I'll cut the animated bit out then, it's not important.

Quote from: Cerys on June 19, 2010, 07:29:15 PM
This seems unfair on those who don't have animation packages.

I was going to use an online GIF generator.

dr_christian_troy

May I also add an incentive to the winnings (depending on your view of course) - I would like to commission the winner for an Übermong, £10 in their paypal account upon delivery. I would pitch them the outline, basically a lovely detailed tribute to Cook'd & Bomb'd. Obviously if they're not interested or don't have the time it's no problem, but there you go.

Rowlands

I mentioned this in a less noticeable thread, but I will be PayPalling a tenner to the winner of this tournament. Thanks for reminding me.

Lyndon

I will paypal the winner £5 too, on one condition - That the winner is Baxter and he comes to my house for sexual intercourse with me.

Zero Gravitas

Money isn't a valid prize! I do however accept novelty mugs, with the warning that if you're planning to record the acts that take place, the recording will be rendered illegal under UK law.

Small Man Big Horse

I'm still happy to donate the stuff I mentioned in the other thread, all of it was bought from car boot sales and charity shops so it didn't cost much. I'll look for some other tat too, as I need a bit clear out. ;)

copylight

also, to add-

Quote from: The Region Legion on June 20, 2010, 01:08:07 AM
These archaic size rules - 600x400 in the age of 40" computer monitors?! I think we can move up to 800x600 or higher next year eh?

Mr_Simnock

Good point copylight, why are restricted to 600 x 400? at least 800 x 600 or even better 1000 x 600

alan nagsworth

Perhaps a good way to introduce such a thing would be to have an 800x600 rule in the final match? It would make it more exciting! WHAT SAY YOU, WHOREBAGS?

Fry