Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:30:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Make Your Own SyFy movie

Started by Small Man Big Horse, June 22, 2010, 09:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

I just noticed this on Aint It Cool and it's quite interesting stuff:

QuoteSyFy (aka The Sci Fi Channel) is giving viewers the chance to help shape a TV movie that'll be heavily influenced by contributions from folks like you.

The network is launching a production site, B Movie Mogul, where fans can vote and pitch ideas for the film, from title, creatures, wardrobe, dialogue and character deaths to promotional taglines. The resulting "script" will be shot as a two-hour Syfy original movie to be released next year. Syfy is teaming with entertainment site IGN on the site; the partnership will last 15 months and launch Friday.

The last I heard, the network was being inundated by killer Koala pitches (Koalas on a rampage, mutant Koalas, etc) so that may be one conceit to steer clear of in this instance. As you see above, the article says the new site (B Movie Mogul) will open up on Friday - so put your thinking caps on, conjure-up Squidephant (or something like it), and get to work.

The Hollywood Reporter posits the question: "What if fans create a lousy movie?" That's a pretty funny question, all things considered...

Now you're all a creative bunch, so what would your entry be? And perhaps we could create a CaB pitch collated from these ideas...?

biggytitbo

A man finds a magic whistle and when he blows it he gets to see all ladies bare.

Paaaaul

Slaaaaabs

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 22, 2010, 10:04:26 PMA man finds a magic whistle and when he blows it he gets to see all ladies bare.

Hard SF doesn't really sell these days biggy.

dr_christian_troy

Bill Clinton IS Agent Graceman. After his kid is sadistically bullied by a former colleague's son at a birthday party, Graceman turns renegade and begins to dig the dirt on his former colleague to discover they are a part of a global conspiracy in which they are harvesting organs for a race of alien life forms. The race have been living on the planet for many centuries, under the guise of the presidency and the senate.

Graceman begins to question his heritage (ooh, meta-referencing), but along the way he discovers he cannot trust anyone. Aided by a conspiracy theorist - Lucas Priority, played by Al Gore - he takes on the senate armed with an AK-47, culminating in an epic battle in which senators begin to ooze green blood - which they call 'the Essence' - and subsequently begins to have questionable flashbacks regarding his previous life as one of the aliens.

His kid dies from the wounds inflicted by the bully. In a final act of revenge, he tracks down the bully and in a moment on uncontrollable emotion he abducts him. Months later, Graceman returns...and he is different. Despite Priority's concerns, Graceman claims to be fine....but a scene with him eating a kidney in a discarded bap from a bin outside a Subways suggests otherwise. Priority receives a photo of this incident from an anonymous source. Fearing for his life, he rides off into the desert, in search of Area 51, to get the answers....

Or something.

this could have also been in the 'Weird dreams' thread

Ginyard

God vs The Mutant Bungalow

Favourite lines:

"Pass me my magic beard and get praying"

"So....Chimney, fireplace, kitchen, reactor. Got it? "

"Town houses!? How many of them?"

"This crater? It was Catford"

biggytitbo

Geoff Capes and the Budgie of Doom.

Ginyard

Zharghh Spiders of Texaco

Favourite lines:

"Die you 95 RON pump motherfucker"

"Just hang these air fresheners round their necks and stuff a scratchcard in their mouths. They'll drop like your mum's knickers"

"The latvians...they...started washing his wheel trims and then they just ate him!"

Santa's Boyfriend

These competitions really annoy me sometimes.  I hope some good does come out of them, because I usually read them as "we've run out of ideas, can you give us some for free?"  or "Do a load of work for free and we'll pay below market rate for it if we like it!"

EDIT: OK, here's one you can have for free so I'm not being too stingy.

In 2018, a man wakes up to find he's run out of milk.  But when he goes outside, he realises in fact that THE MILK HAS RUN OUT OF HIM.

It's called "Uddered".