Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,470
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:21:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Kids' TV

Started by imitationleather, February 06, 2004, 06:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkhouse terror

Probably a rent-boy for the heads of CITV. I hope it's something painful anyway.

no_offenc

The Diggit guy was called Paul "Des" Ballard.  I don't know that off by heart.

And Spatz also rocked.

Frinky

Quote from: "no_offenc"And Spatz also rocked.

The theme tune was ace.

no_offenc

It was indeed.

5KS, the only problem with that suggestion is that I was born in 1985.  Ah well, I'm sure someone'll remember it some time or other.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Frinky"
Quote from: "no_offenc"And Spatz also rocked.

The theme tune was ace.

If I remember right it was also the same tune used in a Mickey Mouse game on the Megadrive.

That has to be the most useless factoid I have ever contributed.

Oh, I've got the Button Moon DVD, and it gets very tiresome, although the fact that Mister Spoon constantly lands his expensive flash rocket on the lawn of the council estate to pick up his daughter from the proles makes me laugh, as does him going up to the moon to spy on his wife via telescope.

Gazeuse

Great to see some more Sooty fans here!!!

My favourite episode whas the one where Soo thought she was tubbed!!!

The bit where Sweep said, 'It wasn't me' had me choking with laughter!!!

...And Sweep DID used to swear like a trooper didn't he!!!

Purple Tentacle

edit: ignore me, I'm peurile.

Krang

Super Ted and Charlie Chalk were a couple i used to enjoy watching.

Thundercats too.

morgs

Press Gang was always a favourite.  DangerMouse obviously - used to cry with laughter at it.  Almost as much as I used to laugh at Mr Bennett on Take Hart.  Was it actually funny?  Memory is fading.  

I also loved Jigsaw.  I think Jigsaw was written by a guy called Clive Doig who used to do a brainteaser thing in the Radio Times each week...  Also I think it was the same Mr Doig who was responsible for Chocobloc.  But then that might be a load of bollocks I just dreamed up.

Sooty, Mr Benn, Bagpuss, Trumpton - all classics.  Nowadays?  Hmmm, no kids so no real experience of kiddies tv now, though I still try and catch Grange Hill.  Dexter's Lab and Johnny Bravo are pretty cool though!

PS - does anyone remember a show that I think was on Sunday afternoon where various 'scientist' types proved facts to be true or false? It wasn't How... it was BBC, but that's all I remember

PPS - Finders Keepers with Richard Stilgoe and Beat The Teacher were up there in the children's quiz faves, though never enjoyed Screen Test unless they had weird student home-made films at the end..

dan dirty ape

They only made about twelve episodes of The Flumps and they were on constant rotation year in year out on the See-Saw slot. The one where they pretend to forget Grandad Flumps' birthday seemed to be the most frequently transmitted programme in televisual history, with the Pink Panther cartoon where he keeps mucking about with the blueprint for the bloke's house a close second.

'What day is it, Pootle?'

'It's the day we make onion soup, Grandad'.

imitationleather

Oh God, Grange Hill is such a load of fucking shit since it moved to Liverpool. Where are me issues? I want me issues! Where are me kids taking LSD by mistake and then getting talked off the roof by a girl with cerebal palsy? I want me kids taking LSD by mistake and then getting talked off the roof by a girl with cerebal palsy!

What child has ever collected chicken feet? Chicken feet?!

Rubbish Monkey

Quote from: "morgs"Press Gang was always a favourite.

You can get series 1 on DVD Dexter Felcher's character used to get on my nerves...ALOT!

Vermschneid Mehearties

Quotethink it was called Spatz

Yeeeess!

Oh, and I seem to remember a program called 3-7-11 which was pretty good. Set in a school, but totally different to Grange Hill in every other respect.

And a final spoke for Byker Grove. Fanfuckingeordietastic.

Anyone remember an ITV animation called 'Dreamstone'? My brother and sister loved that. I did too, but they seem to remember it much better than I did.

imitationleather

Quote from: "Vermschneid Mehearties"3-7-11

Was that the one where the kids ruled the school and there were no teachers? I loved that, even though everyone in it was probably a precocious tosspot.

morgs

Rubbish Monkey wrote :
QuoteDexter Felcher's character used to get on my nerves...ALOT!

I thought he was an American until I saw the Rachel Papers.  Then I was just confused.  Used to really fancy that Julia Sawalha in those days. Ah, youth!