Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:47:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Un-Reality TV

Started by @ssmaster, May 11, 2004, 01:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@ssmaster

I can sense the up-surge in media hype coming. Big Brother 5 is weeks away and we are going to be exposed to another summer of silly shallow twenty somethings being subjected to pointless tasks.

The Mirror published THIS ARTICLE today and it really does give an insight as to how desperate people are to become famous.

Seems as The Mirror has set the ball rolling, what reality tv show would you like to see commissioned. Pitch your ideas here, you never know some coked up TV exec may stumble upon this thread and take up on your idea.

Probably not though.

Gazeuse

Pissed Monkey World.

You know...Monkey World, but with *BOOZE*

I'd pay my license fee just to see that.

@ssmaster

Quote from: "Gazeuse"Pissed Monkey World.

So just like Big Brother then?

elderford

I have previously suggested a big brother for cats.

Same format: 24 hour continuous coverage of several cats in a house adapted for them.

I like the idea of vacuous being pushed to edge of its envelope.

Gazeuse

Quote from: "@ssmaster"
Quote from: "Gazeuse"Pissed Monkey World.

So just like Big Brother then?

Yes, but the characters are more likeable.

bresker

Big brother but with no showers or toilets. The producers then infect the housemates food with an unhealthy dose of gastro-enteritis. Laugh as the contestants slither their way through each others shit, puke and piss.

Then there's a power cut and one of the contestants mysteriously disappears, and the contestants are told he's died from the illness, but he's just been removed. 3 weeks later he re-enters the house and claims he did actually die and he's been to heaven but God told him he wasn't ready yet and sent him back to earth. Laugh as some of the sillier contestants are sucked in.

One of the tasks for the week involves seeing who can go without speaking for the longest.

Then the winner isn't given the prize at the end.  A big pile of 50 quid notes  is burnt in front of his/her eyes.

One of the contestants on the first week of BB4 here in Australia is up for eviction this week. All the others voted for him because he farts too much. Can't say fairer than that.

Pinball

Prison World - 20 rejected inhabitants of Big Brother are imprisoned for 6 months and tortured and humiliated by US "private contractors". Last to leave wins.

Now that I'd watch. Hell, I'd even turn the surround sound on.

@ssmaster

The Asylum

Take 5 people and place them into a loony bin for 10 weeks with actual mental patients and subject them to the same drugs/treatment that the basket cases have to experience.

Purple Tentacle

I really liked that idea from TVGoHome where you shut 10 irritable people in a 15 square foot cell with nothing but a shining loaded crossbow sitting on a table.

"Day 34, and Andrew's constant whistling looks set to cost him dear....."

Smackhead Kangaroo

HEY! Asylum was MY idea! except that the five people are also asylum seekers and are told of the experience thatthis house is England and this is what living in England is like.

@ssmaster

Quote from: "Smackhead Kangaroo"HEY! Asylum was MY idea! except that the five people are also asylum seekers and are told of the experience thatthis house is England and this is what living in England is like.

I concede to your idea, it is much better. How about mixing it up a bit by having a rascist live with them for a few days as well?

butnut

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"I really liked that idea from TVGoHome where you shut 10 irritable people in a 15 square foot cell with nothing but a shining loaded crossbow sitting on a table.

"Day 34, and Andrew's constant whistling looks set to cost him dear....."

Is that the same as Daily Mail Island? I quite liked that bit.

Lt Plonker

Those applications in the Mirror's article are hilarious. I never realised how 'whacky' and 'mad' the British public are. I think we ought to have more of these crazy funsters on TV.

There was one, I'm not even sure you could describe it as, 'reality' TV show I really enjoyed called Cel-Mates. There were four animators locked in a basement room and given 72hours to create a 1 minute peice of animation in any format they wanted and the winner got a cash prize of some sort, I think. It was enjoyable viewing, especially when the Flash animator's computer crashed and he lost 3 hours of work!

Sadly, I missed the final installment. It was part of a Channel 4 animation month, with Adam & Joe presenting parts.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: "Lt Plonker"I think. It was enjoyable viewing, especially when the Flash animator's computer crashed and he lost 3 hours of work!
Now, if Jesus had been in that competition he'd have won, cos Jesus Saves!

Muahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!2

Ahem, ergh...

My idea for Big Brother would be to have the windows blocked so they don't know if it's night or day, and there's only one clock in the house.  Every night they adjust the time by a small amount, then after a few weeks they announce at mid-day that the sun just exploded and let them outside when in reality it's midnight.

Santa's Boyfriend

Quote from: "@ssmaster"
Quote from: "Smackhead Kangaroo"HEY! Asylum was MY idea! except that the five people are also asylum seekers and are told of the experience thatthis house is England and this is what living in England is like.

I concede to your idea, it is much better. How about mixing it up a bit by having a rascist live with them for a few days as well?

Perhaps this is the future of illegal immigration.  In order to claim asylum you must appear on reality tv and do all sorts of dehumanising tasks.  The public will then vote you off if they don't like you.  If you survive 3 weeks, you are granted asylum.

Kawaii Five-O

Quote from: "JesusAndYourBush"My idea for Big Brother would be to have the windows blocked so they don't know if it's night or day, and there's only one clock in the house.  Every night they adjust the time by a small amount, then after a few weeks they announce at mid-day that the sun just exploded and let them outside when in reality it's midnight.

I just read that as "they announce at mid-day that the sun just exploded and let them outside to play when in reality it's midnight". I'm not sure what happened there, but I do quite like the idea of them running around spinning hula hoops around their bellies, all the while in a frightened mess and wondering what going to happen to mankind.

If I were in charge of these things I'd modify BB so that every week the viewers phone in votes first, and the contestents then have to decide between them which of the two with the most votes gets publically executed, and which has to perform the execution. When it gets down to the last two, the decision would be made via the medium of Scissors Paper Stone.

"If only I'd gone for scissors, if only I'd gone for scissors!"