Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:12:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Thatch: The Motion Picture

Started by biggytitbo, July 20, 2010, 08:26:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/7895160/Margaret-Thatchers-family-are-appalled-at-Meryl-Streep-film.html

With err...Meryl Streep as Thatcher. No, I don't think it is by Peter Richardson.

Some more casting rumours I've heard: Peter O'Toole as Denis Thatcher, Ellen Page as Carol Thatcher, Phillip Seymore Hoffman as Geoffrey Howe and Liam Neeson as Michael Heseltine.

Santa's Boyfriend

Did the sex scene in Jeffrey Archer: The Truth not bother them?

I like this quote from the article:
Quote"Although fictional, it will be fair and accurate."

Quote from: Santa's Boyfriend on July 20, 2010, 08:54:37 AM
Did the sex scene in Jeffrey Archer: The Truth not bother them?

"The lady is for turning!"

Ah, I wanna watch that again now.

biggytitbo

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Tony Blackburn as Alan Clark.

Benicio Del Toro as Norman Tebbit.

mycroft

pigamus

Keira Knightley as Arthur Scargill.

Jemble Fred

Quote from: Lookalike Mark Chapman on July 20, 2010, 09:12:31 AM
"The lady is for turning!"

Ah, I wanna watch that again now.

It just went up on TheBox a few days ago, looking forward to revisiting it myself. It's a sin that they haven't released a full DVD boxset of the BBC Guy Jenkin satires.

mycroft

To go back to Biggy's article for a bit, I don't get how Thatcher's family can object to her portrayal as having dementia and wondering where Denis is when Carol herself has said in interviews how she'd had to stop answering her Denis enquiries by reminding her he was dead as the whole thing was so nasty. So it's not like any of it's untrue, is it?

If I were directing, I'd have the young Carol contantly playing with a gollywog.

biggytitbo

I suppose you could argue with it been current ongoing history you have to be more sensitive. But bollocks to that, it sounds a right giggle.

biggytitbo

Santa's Boyfriend

Quote from: Jemble Fred on July 20, 2010, 09:56:28 AM
It just went up on TheBox a few days ago, looking forward to revisiting it myself. It's a sin that they haven't released a full DVD boxset of the BBC Guy Jenkin satires.

That's annoying, my membership lapsed.  It's not been released commercially or repeated though, hopefully it'll appear in the other place.