Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:05:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

HOWL

Started by confettiinmyhair, July 21, 2010, 09:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
http://thequietus.com/articles/04652-howl-review-allen-ginsberg

A new film coming out (tee he he) starring James Franco as Allen Ginsberg.

Is this going to re-launch the Beat Generation to a new audience (with a rumoured adaptation of On the Road also on the way)?
Is 'Howl 'the greatest poem, or at least the most significant poem ever written?
Could you centre a film around another poem, or maybe one particular song?

Johnny Townmouse

I wonder who will play Burroughs? That's all I really care about I'm afraid.

Captain Crunch

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on July 21, 2010, 09:38:42 PMwith a rumoured adaptation of On the Road also on the way

Pffft, it's been 'on the way' for what, twenty years is it now? 

Doomy Dwyer

Rather confusing placement of the advert for the Serge Gainbourg biopic in that middle of the Ginsberg article in the Quietus link generously supplied by Confettininmyhair. I saw that and thought "Christ, if they can't even get his name right in the title, this films going to stink". Imagine my relief, tinged with embarrassment when my mistake became clear!

This looks exciting. Howl is one of the major works of the twentieth century without doubt. A game changer. Still a bloody good read to this day. This looks a tad more ambitious and thoughtful than your standard Hollywood biographical true life dramatizement. Looking forward to seeing it. The black and white sequences looked good. Lovely clothes, stylish times, glamorous glasses. Funny chap old Allen, to say the least.