Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:55:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblemong Round 3: alan nagsworth vs. DocDaneeka

Started by alan nagsworth, July 23, 2010, 09:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

AsparagusTrevor

Both very good, not much in it at all. After much deliberation, I'll go for Doc D and his Rythm and Blues Orchestra. The last piece gave me a quite a big laugh, and that's what life's all about really, innit?

Mary is not amused

Ailing Nagpuss for his second shot.
I don't care what this makes me.

copylight

Nagsworth for the clear concepts but if he wins and continues to use the same cartoon typeface like he's done in every bloody match thus far, in the next match I'm voting for the other.

actwithoutwords

quadraspazzed

ziggy starbucks

Crabwalk

alan nagsworth

Doc you sunuvabitch! You won by ONE FUCKING VOTE!

The score is Nags 13-14 Doc

Congratulations mate, and thanks for the game. :)

Uncle TechTip

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

Nagsworth you fucker, I didn't say you could call it!

Spoiler alert
sorry love, good game good game
[close]

alan nagsworth

I call what I damn well please!

I CALL YOU OUT!

Spoiler alert
sorry, I've been hanging on this thread a tad obsessively after I realised how close it was
[close]

DocDaneeka

Quote from: alan nagsworth on August 02, 2010, 12:24:07 PM
Doc you sunuvabitch! You won by ONE FUCKING VOTE!

The score is Nags 13-14 Doc

Congratulations mate, and thanks for the game. :)
Ooh exciting! Now I can enjoy that mixed feeling of success and anxiety about the next round.

New it would be close, if someone is cowardly enough to drop out of the semi-finals you will be a shoo-in.  Anyway cheers Alan, your first shot is in my best wimblemongs of 2010 list.

Lyndon

Shit, I just came to vote for you Nags. Was putting it off until the last minute to see what effect it would have, and lost track of time. I think this reveals me to be a very bad person, but it was the hammer ransom note what swung it.

alan nagsworth

You took my hammer? Is that what you are saying to me?

Johnny Yesno

Ah bollocks! I can't keep up with the schedule at all. FWIW I love Doc's drawing style but I would have voted for Nagsworth for his second shot with its great conceptual link.

alcoholic messiah

With only 5 more matches left in the tournament (and no more than 2 of them happening concurrently), might it be an idea to bribe/harass/seduce Neil into sticking a banner up (like the "CaB Radio is now on" one) to inform people when a match is being voted on, and when the deadline to vote ends?

alan nagsworth

You gotta be kidding! I could have won! Two freakin' votes!

DocDaneeka

They are just trying to make you feel better. Accepting Lyndon's vote would also set a dangerous precedent of allowing out of competition mongs & posts into the voters judgement.

Also Johnny Yesno and Lyndon may be interested in this site I just joined: http://www.thingsididlastnight.com/

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: DocDaneeka on August 03, 2010, 07:24:56 PM
They are just trying to make you feel better. Accepting Lyndon's vote would also set a dangerous precedent of allowing out of competition mongs & posts into the voters judgement.

True, but we've already got a new precedent of the competition timing being all over the place.

QuoteAlso Johnny Yesno and Lyndon may be interested in this site I just joined: http://www.thingsididlastnight.com/

I wondered why she looked so depressed after "going to the doc's". :-P