Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:39:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Whadduc Cunt [split topic]

Started by Nelson Swillie, July 20, 2010, 03:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Townmouse

Quote from: Nelson Swillie on July 26, 2010, 04:55:09 PM
The tutor I reported it to said "I could have YOU thrown out for stirring up racial aggravation", and I hadn't done a fucking thing!

OK, so how does this all relate to boxofslice's re-post of your posts above, and the accusations of racism?

Cerys

Because once unjustly accused of racism, any other perceived accusation hits a nerve?

Johnny Townmouse

Quote from: Cerys on July 26, 2010, 05:13:55 PM
Because once unjustly accused of racism, any other perceived accusation hits a nerve?

Actually, Nelson's claims and anecdote were NOT in response to a request to explain why he has over-reacted on this thread to the accusation of racism, which your comment would qualify, but in response to boxofslice's request:

QuotePlease, feel free to explain the racist comments from you I posted."

On that basis, I am still confused as to why Nelson felt that, to explain his racist posts, he made the comment about never being "mugged or racially abused by a white person."

But I'm sure Nelson can answer that himself.

Cerys

Nelson Swillie

Quote from: Johnny Townmouse on July 26, 2010, 05:25:02 PM
On that basis, I am still confused as to why Nelson felt that, to explain his racist posts, he made the comment about never being "mugged or racially abused by a white person."

But I'm sure Nelson can answer that himself.

You've asked me to go to an uncomfortable place, so I shall.

At my lower school (1979-83) there were only two black kids in the whole school. And they were both in my class. Both of them were disruptive, noisy, badly behaved and were constantly in trouble for bullying, theiving and making younger kids' lives a misery. Being tall for my age, I avoided severe thrashings, but I still got into trouble because they insisted on copying my work word for word.

At my middle school (1983-87) there were a lot more black kids. In my experience - I add that as a disclaimer, because there were, in all probability, some nice ones that I never got to meet - they were awful. They constantly challenged the teachers' authority in really stupid, petty ways to make themselves look hard, and I hadn't been at the school above six weeks when a gang of kids (I'd say three blacks and two whites) set about me and my friend Robert and beat us both up, taking our money and kicking our schoolbags into the gutter. Not long after that, I was cornered by another black kid who demanded "Give me your fucking money you cockless punk or I'll slit your throat". He was all of eleven years old, I was nine. The 'school bully' was in my year, and he was another black kid - genuinely psychotic with a huge chip on his shoulder and an unquenchable urge for violence.

My secondary school years (1987-90) saw me come into contact with a large number of Asian kids, most of whom were horrendous bullies, and it wasn't just me who suffered. They stalked the corridors in gangs, constantly looking for fights, hanging out in the toilets (I learned to 'hold it in' between the ages of thirteen and sixteen) and picking on anyone who "looked at them funny" or showed "disrespect". One of them beat me up because I moved his leather jacket off a chair.

College (1990, I left after three weeks) I've told you about. It's worth adding that my mother spent most of the eighties working in an Asian corner shop that eventually got closed down under the hygiene act. Some of the things I saw there were disgusting, to say the least, and both the owner's sons were the cockiest pair of arrogant pricks I've ever met. And I've met Chris Evans.

After college I dated a black girl called Jasmine. We got on really well but the spanner in the works was not MY family, but HERS. Her mother and father both existed on welfare, lived in a shithole council house (Jasmine's flat was immaculate, I hasten to add) and had three sons who were all drug users and in and out of prison. Her mum and dad, for whatever reason, hated me on sight and more or less told her not to bring "that white boy" around here any more.

Like most people, my opinions and world view are formed by experiences, and whilst it's sad to say that most of my experiences with ethnic minorities have been negative, it's the truth.

JPA

Bullying is a horrible thing no matter where it comes from, however I still don't think your post justifies the comments further up the thread.

Nelson Swillie

Quote from: Johnny Townmouse on July 26, 2010, 05:25:02 PM

Buggra, got carried away with my life history and forgot to mention that I've been mugged three times in my life, once in Manchester and twice in Northampton. The culprits?
First time (in Manchester) - Two black men
Second time - Black man with a knife
Third time - Three black teenagers who even stole my fucking trainers.

Zero Gravitas

I see.

At least they didn't steal your bike.

Johnny Townmouse

Quote from: Nelson Swillie on July 26, 2010, 05:51:13 PM
You've asked me to go to an uncomfortable place, so I shall.

No, neither myself or boxofslice asked you to dredge up your unpleasant experiences growing up. I asked you to explain how the incident you mentioned related to your racist posts in the past. You could have just answered "I have had some bad experiences with black people so I made some kneejerk, reactionary and completely undefendable racist points hidden behind humour." You seem to have formed an opinion about black people, and more unpleasantly the continent of Africa, based on some experiences you have had.

QuoteLike most people, my opinions and world view are formed by experiences, and whilst it's sad to say that most of my experiences with ethnic minorities have been negative, it's the truth.

It's absolutely fine to say that most of your experiences with ethnic minorities have been negative. That is not racist. Believing that these experiences confirm an opinion an entire race of people is racist. I grew up facing a huge amount of racism from exclusively white, English kids. I had "green wog" painted on the pavement outside my house. Local white kids. It would be racist of me to assume that this behaviour is because they are English, or white people, or Europeans.

Nelson Swillie

"Green wog"? That's a new one on me. Reminds me of the illiterate graffiti someone sprayed on Lenny Henry's front door - "Fucking cone". Yeah, those cones eh? Go back to where you came from and leave it to us master race of wafers!

Zero Gravitas

Lenny Henry! He's a great comedian, I hear he separated from Dawn French but they're still the best of friends.

Johnny Townmouse

Quote from: Nelson Swillie on July 26, 2010, 06:51:34 PM
"Green wog"? That's a new one on me.

If we ever meet I will give you a wedgie so you can have a good cry and add it to your repertoire.

localhero87

Lfbarfe

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Lfbarfe

rudi

I just get tired that, every time someone offends the poor little petal, he feels the need/right to insult every member of the board. I'm happy to let bygones etc but am I really alone in feeling that it's just a matter of time? Really.....?

Bear in mind he left in a blaze of his own glory yet I've read not an atom of contrition in coming back and carrying on like butter wouldn't melt. Not a mote of self-awareness, not a tittle of "yeah, I kinda kicked off guys", not a single fucking iota that he's a guy who wants to spend time with us "wishy washy ultra-left ex-student cunts" (like that's anywhere near the truth).

I'm not a monk, I'm not obliged to turn any kind of cheek but I realised I bit the bait as soon as he appeared and have since been trying to be cool about the return of the TC until I stumbled upon this thread. Sure, people should have been cool earlier but we all have memories of then and some people will take longer than others. Why shouldn't they be cut some slack too?

I'm happy to forget those rather trying times, and if Neil's cool with it I'm cool with it - I just find it odd that someone with such ill-disguised, near-the-surface obsessional hatred for the place would even want to come back. That is the nature of obsession I suppose.

boxofslice

I think he's really confused himself with all the internet aliases he's created for himself.  He seems to want to come back here and make coherent, open discussions but at the same time he's posting at that 'other site'  with the name calling (referring to one menber here as a 'fucking spotted prancing dickcheese' for daring to like something he didn't and still keeping up with the Neil Tofu rubbish), slagging off of this site ('Lentil Central' and 'fucking cunts' were two choice descriptions yesterday) and happily joining in with their outright hateful racist and homophobic comments.

I do find his knowledge of 70's comedy quite insightful but I fear his posting will degenerate into the usual blogesque posts about his hatred for students, chavs and Steve Coogan.  A sign of which yesterday came in the 'Top 1000 Albums' thread where instead of engaging he just resorted to blinkered opinion and name calling.

But whatever, as LfBarfe said, you can choose to ignore him.

Johnny Townmouse

Quote from: boxofslice on July 27, 2010, 10:10:34 AM
But whatever, as LfBarfe said, you can choose to ignore him.

That is fair enough. My pursuings are entirely related to the fact that posters whom I respect on CaB are seemingly defending a racist cunt.

I think defending his right to be here is a bit different to endorsing racism.

Cerys

Viero_Berlotti

Quote from: Johnny Townmouse on July 27, 2010, 10:17:16 AM
That is fair enough. My pursuings are entirely related to the fact that posters whom I respect on CaB are seemingly defending a racist cunt.

It's because their all left-wing lentil eating liberal softies.

Seriously though, the exact reasons he criticises this place for, are the exact reasons he's being defended. Some might even say it's ironic.

Johnny Townmouse

Quote from: Lookalike Mark Chapman on July 27, 2010, 10:29:01 AM
I think defending his right to be here is a bit different to endorsing racism.

OK. I may be wrong but I have yet to see any comments that have actually attacked "his right to be here." I certainly haven't posted comments that even allude to that. Hank baited him, Nelson baited back. Both were given shit, but nobody thinks that anyone is attacking Hank's right to be here. Only Nelson's. I never thought it was about that.

I am fine with posters on here engaging with a racist cunt. I am well used to seeing people engage that misplaced tolerance in my non-cyber world. The only person who can make a call on whether he should be kicked off is Neil. Frankly, I do not care that he posts here. I was just trying to find out where the racist shit was coming from, and now I understand it better.

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: boxofslice on July 27, 2010, 10:10:34 AM
I do find his knowledge of 70's comedy quite insightful but I fear his posting will degenerate into the usual blogesque posts about his hatred for students, chavs and Steve Coogan.  A sign of which yesterday came in the 'Top 1000 Albums' thread where instead of engaging he just resorted to blinkered opinion and name calling.

Well, that was done purely to get a rise out of me.  Bumping a post from 18 months ago with a lolcat is an engagement of some sort, I suppose. 

Oddly, I've often defended him on here before (especially from the 'paedophile' stuff that followed him around for a while) and I don't think I've ever called him names, but I'm still one of the lucky elite who gets an oft-bumped page on DMSO where I'm called a cockflume and a pissflap.  Must be to do with the time 2 or 3 years ago when I highlighted some of the worst stuff he was posting elsewhere.  The stuff about 'mongoloids' and suicide and other unsavoury subjects.

Luckily, I take it as a badge of honour to be disliked by a collusion of semi-literate racists, misogynists, homophobes and tupenny-ha'penny white supremacists.

Quote from: Johnny Townmouse on July 27, 2010, 11:02:47 AM
OK. I may be wrong but I have yet to see any comments that have actually attacked "his right to be here."

It's just that there was a time when a lot of people wanted him banned, a lot of people left over his time here, and then he was banned. And now he's back. As I said earlier, I'm not sure why he wants to be back because - see boxofslice's post for instance - all evidence points to the fact that he can't stand the place. While the majority of us happily moved on, he's apparently been obsessed with us over the intervening time, and appears to have tried sneaking back on, disguised, at the earliest opportunity. Some people, understandably, don't want a repeat of those rather ugly times (and I'm not really comfortable talking about it at all to be honest, I'm sure Neil would rather we didn't). So, for me - and based on the content of the previous page especially - his return, his 'being here' is what we're talking about. The self-confessed (proud?) generalisations about race are an unpleasant side-order.

We know he's quite happy to generalise, whether it's down to a few negative experience with other races, or negative experiences with people on here ("And here we have what's wrong with this fucking forum."). In terms of the far greater of those issues - generalisations about race - I did attempt to write several posts addressing that, but - as with maybe 80% of what I type into the reply box on here - I couldn't nail the tone and ended up deleting them. If it was anyone else, then I probably would have posted anyway, but I think we're stepping on eggshells at the moment. See rudi's post above ("am I really alone in feeling that it's just a matter of time?").

mook

i treat his blitherings with the same contempt as i do with each and every other whore who posts here, mine especially. make of this what you will.

Lfbarfe

Quote from: Lookalike Mark Chapman on July 27, 2010, 11:48:17 AM
As I said earlier, I'm not sure why he wants to be back because - see boxofslice's post for instance - all evidence points to the fact that he can't stand the place.

He takes comedy seriously. So do we. Whatever happened back then, there's room for him, or someone like him, here. The stuff he posts about this place on DSMO is annoying, but is just a slightly modified form of the "Yeah, well I  never fancied you anyway, you ugly cow" response to an ex who dumped you. By being decent and tolerant, we render it invalid.

As for DSMO, I've come to quite like some of the regulars there (Out of kindness, I shan't name them, because they might not want to be associated with a paid-up member of the Green Party), but there does seem to have been a influx of particularly charmless, witless idiots over there recently.

Quote from: Johnny Townmouse on July 27, 2010, 11:02:47 AM
OK. I may be wrong but I have yet to see any comments that have actually attacked "his right to be here." I certainly haven't posted comments that even allude to that. Hank baited him, Nelson baited back. Both were given shit, but nobody thinks that anyone is attacking Hank's right to be here. Only Nelson's. I never thought it was about that.

Nelson is prone to perceiving victimisation and bullying where others just see robust criticism. A few of us who lived through the previous business realise that it helps everyone to make it completely clear that he's welcome here.

Neil

I love that you're not allowed to point that out there though.

As long as he is channeling his hate over there, he's probably going to continue posting just useful, perfectly harmless stuff over here.  Problems with what he posts over there, aren't really relevant over here, where he's posting under a different persona.