Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:00:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

GTA V (There may be spoilers)

Started by VegaLA, July 28, 2010, 02:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobias

Sounds like the big bit of paid for DLC might not come pre-packaged with the new gen version as I originally thought. Considering the surprising lack of marketing Rockstar have done for the new release I'm not really surprised now. Its possible it'll be marketed and sold as a stand alone product once the initial sales for the new gen version have happened. I think there's still a lot of cool new stuff with the new gen version anyway though.

Onken

I think the pre order bonus money expires tonight. I'm not sure if I can bring myself to pay £54.99.

mobias

Quote from: Onken on November 02, 2014, 10:32:29 AM
I think the pre order bonus money expires tonight. I'm not sure if I can bring myself to pay £54.99.

It'll be interesting to see just how many they sell at that. I've heard of some stores doing a midnight launch again for it which I find slightly bonkers. I'm definitely getting it. I got my PS4 the other week but there's still so few games for it I'll take anything I can. Plus GTA still gives me the best value for money in terms of time spent enjoying it. I'm keen to see how the improvements of GTA Online play out. There's so much potential for that to be great and apparently now its far better realised than it was on the old consoles. Far less comprises plus all the new stuff added.

mobias

Lots of new info today. New first person mode looks pretty amazing and I'm not a fan of first person games  http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11/04/grand-theft-auto-v-a-new-perspective?+main+twitter

Looking good though

samadriel

Damn, that looks like a lot of fun, can't wait to get a bit of FPS on; well, I'm actually more likely to exercise first person in driving than shooting; I've always wanted a nice cockpit view in GTA.

TIAL

Wow, have to admit I didn't really give much thought to the first person mode when I first read about it but that looks great - those cockpits!

As they say in the video I just assumed it'd be a lower camera angle but this looks really well thought out, and customisable too. Can't wait to get this now.

mobias

Dan Dawkins article on the CVG website is worth a read. Best looking new gen game yet apparently http://www.computerandvideogames.com/480357/hands-on-gtav-ps4-xbox-one-pc/

VegaLA

I'll pre-order this tonight, don't want to let Sinbad down but I was really hoping for some new Campaign missions and...some online co-op would have been nice but was not realistically expecting any. Just saying.

Still...I think I have those scientology missions to clean up as well as a few other side missions.

mobias

Quote from: VegaLA on November 04, 2014, 10:59:01 PM
I'll pre-order this tonight, don't want to let Sinbad down but I was really hoping for some new Campaign missions and...some online co-op would have been nice but was not realistically expecting any. Just saying.

Still...I think I have those scientology missions to clean up as well as a few other side missions.

I was jumping the gun a bit to presume they would be bundling any large new DLC with the new gen version. They'll wait until the PC version is out before flogging it across all five platforms. I'm looking forward to playing the main story missions again actually. Some of them were really good and they're easy enough that there's nothing to dread doing over again.

Noodle Lizard

I'm a little weary of GTA V now (and I don't have a PS4 so fuck all of that).  Thinking of what's next for them though ...

GTA: Broad Hill Care Home.

Say no more.

Onken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oFmRN0oadI

The first person trailer is stunning. It looks like a different game. I can't wait now.

QuoteThe DualShock 4 controller has a leg-up on the Xbox One controller, in that it has a built-in speaker, a touch pad and a light bar.

According to Gizmodo, the game will play police radio chatter and phone calls through the controller's speaker.

The light bar will also flash red and blue you are Wanted in game. Swiping up or down on the touch pad changes weapons, while swiping right or left changes radio stations.

Nice to see Rockstar is going to utilise the DualShock 4. You wouldn't think it would be a big deal but I like how games use the speaker. It makes the experience more immersive. The flashing police siren would also be fun if you're playing in the dark. Anything that helps flick through the radio stations faster is a good thing.

VegaLA

I did it. I pre-ordered last night. Figured the $1M would be useful, and playing some of the missions using the 'other' plan instead of the one I used the first time around, coupled with the new First person view might make it that much fresher.

Does the 1ST person view extend to GTA Online too?

prwc

Quote from: VegaLA on November 05, 2014, 05:02:40 PMDoes the 1ST person view extend to GTA Online too?

Yes, apparently so. This reboot does look tempting but I wish they'd offer a discount or something for people who bought the original (though I understand that would apply to just about everyone). Still not enough to justify getting a PS4 but maybe Bloodbourne will change that.

mobias

Quote from: Onken on November 05, 2014, 10:39:12 AM
. You wouldn't think it would be a big deal but I like how games use the speaker. It makes the experience more immersive. T

Yeah definitely. I'm really surprised by what a difference that little speaker makes. Its a great addition to the controller. I  like the fact you press the touch pad and it takes you directly into FP mode without having to cycle through the other view modes.

IGN have done a nice comparison video comparing the PS4 version with the PS3 version. The light reflection of the vehicles looks amazing now. http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/11/05/grand-theft-auto-v-ps3ps4-comparison-trailer

VegaLA

Thinking about it playing as First person during Online means you're going to be at a disadvantage to those playing in 3RD person?

Thursday

It'll be matched so you only play with people using the same perspective.

Onken

The main reason for including first person will be for the multiplayer mode and to attract the Call of Duty crowd. I don't think Rockstar are happy with their online share of the market. It's something you play to arse about rather than a real competitive environment.

TIAL

Any word on whether the next gen version comes with the existing DLC? Never got to play the flight school stuff before I sold my copy.

mobias

Quote from: Thursday on November 06, 2014, 12:31:06 AM
It'll be matched so you only play with people using the same perspective.

Nope, last I heard everyone can play together. You can engage any perspective you wish at any time just like in single player. Apparently it took serious brainstorming in the animation department to get it to work though. There's a lot of separate animations syncing about at any given moment.

Quote from: Onken on November 06, 2014, 12:51:27 AM
The main reason for including first person will be for the multiplayer mode and to attract the Call of Duty crowd. I don't think Rockstar are happy with their online share of the market. It's something you play to arse about rather than a real competitive environment.

Considering how much attention the feature is now getting, it seems to be the big marketing device for the new version, it was added quite late in the day by the sounds of things. I think it was primarily added on the back of that first person mod that someone did for the PS3 version. Rockstar obviously looked at that and thought it was viable. But that mod was only brought out in the summer so you can see how everyone that worked on it had to work over time to get it ready.

Quote from: TIAL on November 06, 2014, 07:51:45 AM
Any word on whether the next gen version comes with the existing DLC? Never got to play the flight school stuff before I sold my copy.

Yeah it comes with it all already in there. I suspect though that in story mode you'll have to buy the cars and aircraft in game that you were originally given for free in your garage in the current version.