Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:56:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Movie Still Competition With Prize

Started by jutl, July 31, 2010, 12:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Jack McBastard

I know #13 and I think I might know #19.

This is a ball-breaker of a list...

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: jutl on July 31, 2010, 12:35:24 PM

That's Michael Winner upon his return to a restaurant he gave a bad review, isn't it?

Ginyard

That's the pic that's bothering me the most. I know his face, I've seen him in plenty of things (eg: as a villian in one of the '70s Famous Five episodes) but I can't for the life of me remember his name.

Tokyo Sexwhale

Ginyard

Nik Drou

6 is Dead or Alive

8 is The Late Shift

14 is The Seven Year Itch (I think)

18 is Conspiracy (I think)

27 is possibly Dick (that looks like someone playing Kissinger, at least)

Quote from: Tokyo Sexwhale on August 01, 2010, 11:15:33 PM
Ronald Fraser. 

You're welcome.
Thanks from me too, I'd been staring at it, pondering "I don't think that's David Lodge" (who was in Cockleshell Heroes you know).
In a similar way, I don't think the man in #09 is Ian Carmichael.
And that is the limit of my useful input for now.

Cerys

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Phil_A on August 02, 2010, 06:59:28 PM
Nah, it's definitely I Start Counting. Check on youtube if you don't believe me.
I'm not doubting you!

The ones I listed were the names I would have said if I was giving it a honest go. I'm pretty sure that The Killing of Sister George is wrong, but that's just me having a stab at it. Looking through the various suggestions, there's a few I'm sure are absolutely right, but I wouldn't have got them

Quote from: Cerys on August 02, 2010, 07:57:45 PM
Thankyou.  I knew I knew that costume from somewhere.
I've only seen it once, years ago but it's really stuck in my mind and I need to see it again.

Cerys

sirarthur

Ronald Fraser in The Killing of Sister George is definitely right. Beryl Reid has just emptied a G&T over his head and Round The Horne fans may remember that Hugh Paddick is also in the scene (playing the director I think).

Ignatius_S

Quote from: sirarthur on August 02, 2010, 10:08:32 PM
Ronald Fraser in The Killing of Sister George is definitely right. Beryl Reid has just emptied a G&T over his head and Round The Horne fans may remember that Hugh Paddick is also in the scene (playing the director I think).
You saying Hugh Paddick had brought it back! One of those films I saw years ago  (Beyond Ealing season on C4), by no means sure the the still was from that film, but that was my hunch.

Tokyo Sexwhale

Is there no public resolution?  Surely a mis-matched pair of celebrities should shuffle on, make a weak scripted joke and announce the winner to the wrong camera.
Where are Eva Herzigova and Roy Hodgson?  Or Nicholas Witchell and K9?

Cambrian Times

Quote from: Tokyo Sexwhale on August 01, 2010, 11:15:33 PM
Ronald Fraser. 

I thought he looked familiar. Didn't recognise him without the burning hat.[nb]TFIFriday[/nb]

jutl

Ignatius_S won, but has not responded to the PM...

Click on a picture to go to the relevant imdb page...

dredd

Bear tineye in mind if you do another one - it lets you search using images, which might make things a bit easy for the unscrupulous.

Ignatius_S

Cheers for organising that - good fun and I've now got a few more films to watch.

Quote from: dredd on August 07, 2010, 01:47:00 AM
Bear tineye in mind if you do another one - it lets you search using images, which might make things a bit easy for the unscrupulous.
Bookmarked - cheers for the tip!

HAYRDRYAH

Probably not much use here, though. I imagine these are all specially taken from DVDs, and Tineye only recognises very widely-reproduced images. It's also pretty sensitive

dredd

Quote from: HAYRDRYAH on August 07, 2010, 03:39:47 PM
Probably not much use here, though. I imagine these are all specially taken from DVDs, and Tineye only recognises very widely-reproduced images. It's also pretty sensitive
I used it to figure out pic 01 (didn't try the others), tineye finding it on this page, with the caption "İslamiyetin Doğuşu Bölüm2".