Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:42:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Goddess Lucy - a true story

Started by Nelson Swillie, August 10, 2010, 03:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelson Swillie

Make of this what you will. It's all true. Every word of it.

(See below for the actual strip.)

EDIT : To remove redundant linkage.

Neil

Can you embed the pics on here please?  It just looks like spam when people post links to their blogs, rather than bringing the content over here.  Ta.

Nelson Swillie

Quote from: Neil on August 10, 2010, 03:39:23 PM
Can you embed the pics on here please?  It just looks like spam when people post links to their blogs, rather than bringing the content over here.  Ta.

I TRY, MR FAWLTY...

BLOODY HELL I DID IT!

Interesting, sweet, funny, demented.

Also, extremely self-aware and not filled with too much hate.

Here's hoping you squonk and squelp some more massive tits in the near future. Seems to be good for you.

Nelson Swillie

Quote from: The Boston Crab on August 10, 2010, 04:03:45 PM
squonk and squelp

Ah shit, it's at times like this I get all embarrassed and think "I really shouldn't put this stuff out there"...

Glad you enjoyed it though!

Cerys

That was really, really lovely, and anyone who says anything shit about it can fuck right off.

Nelson Swillie

I did a follow up strip but I sent the originals to Barfey, thinking I had copies somewhere but I bloody well haven't. Maybe if we ask him nicely he'll scan and post?

Zero Gravitas

That is one of the most disturbing series of images I have ever seen, well done TC it takes a lot in these jaded days.

EDIT: Just to be clear in the context of the last thread, there's undeniable skill in achieving the style, I mean it's unrelenting textual and visual grotesquery in a good way, Pickman would be envious.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It's like being given too much information by someone, but in pictures.

thepuffpastryhangman

I've consistently praised the pictures, but I'm inclined to ask a non-judgementa...isn't it disrespectful to the people involved?

Zero Gravitas

As in it genuinely being based upon real events?

The idea of TC drawing his own balls and then posting it for critique seems...possible actually.

Why I Hate Tables

It's really moving in a strange way.

Big Jack McBastard

Again the illustrations are very good, even better when they're more down to earth, but the constant sneering at scum taints it a little (and I'll hold my hand up, I do it too in real life but I'm more of the mindset that letting them prove themselves as vermin in their actions is more entertaining than an observer pointing it out, especially verbally, the things some retards come out with needs no comment, it's fucking so depressing/hilarious all on it's own.)

It's not applicable here but in the others the tendency to Mary Sue a bit too much, be it opinion or commentary can grate a little.

As I say not applicable here as it's (I'm guessing) semi-autobiographical.

Lfbarfe

Quote from: Nelson Swillie on August 10, 2010, 04:51:26 PM
I did a follow up strip but I sent the originals to Barfey, thinking I had copies somewhere but I bloody well haven't. Maybe if we ask him nicely he'll scan and post?

This one, I assume?

Nelson Swillie

That's the one. Fucking brilliant isn't it, even though I say so myself.

I find these autobiographical ones so much more interesting, funny and touching than any others I've seen.

That said, I'm still going to have to resist temptation to call my first-born Whadduc Fuck. Stuck in my head now.

Still Not George

The bottom left panel of the second strip is one of the most glorious things I've seen in a cartoon in some time.

Nelson Swillie

Nelson Swillie

Whadduc Fuck is a cool name for a kid isn't it?

Cerys

Lfbarfe

Cerys

Whatever happened to Nelson? I thought he was just starting to enjoy himself a bit here.

Nelson Swillie

No, the BBC are repeating the Goodies. My work here is done.

Cerys

Nelson Swillie

Tue 21 Dec: 00:40 (i.e. early hours of Wed 22 Dec)
Thu 23 Dec: 01:10 (i.e. early hours of Christmas Eve)
Fri 24 Dec: 00:30 "The Goodies and the Beanstalk" (i.e. early hours of Christmas Day)
Sun 26 Dec: 00:15 (i.e. early hours of Mon 27 Dec)
Mon 27 Dec: 23:30
Tue 28 Dec: 23:15
Wed 29 Dec: 23:00
Thu 30 Dec: 22:45

A good excuse to buy a new pack of blank tapes or discs or whatever people use nowadays.

Cerys

Cheers for that - I sense impending nostalgia and the education of a new generation.