Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,475
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:49:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Songs about other musicians

Started by lazyhour, May 12, 2004, 09:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Almost Yearly

Quote from: "dan dirty ape"'When Smokie Sings', ABC
I was gonna go for that one. I hated that song. Firstly I hated ABC, and secondly it was the irony of someone saluting a legendarily beautiful voice in the most generic, wishy-washy tones possible.

Anyone remember that cunt (Google: Danny Mirror) charting with "I remember Elvis Presley" within about a month of the hamburger man's death? It wasn't so much the blatant cash-in that grated (even at 9 years of age) but the fact that he sang it in a karaoke Elvis voice. I was a big Elvis fan at that point.

"Nick Cave Dolls" by Bongwater. Doesn't really count, but top lyric.

smoker

didn't the foos include a track on either their first album or c&s slating ms love?

dan dirty ape

Quote from: "smoker"didn't the foos include a track on either their first album or c&s slating ms love?

'Stacked Actors' off 'There Is Nothing Left To Lose' is meant to be about her.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "NobodyGetsOutAlive"Is the Cocteau Twins track 'Ivo' about Ivo Watts-Russell, Mr4AD? Seems like too much a of a coincidence. Not a singer, but y'know.
No, not directly.  It was originally called "Peep-Bo", which is the real first line of the song, not "Ivo" as everyone - including me at first - assumed.

It was only after they decided to name every song on the album after obscure Victorian-esque monikers that they changed it to "Ivo", after, as you suggest, Mr. Watts-Russell.  I'd love to know if there were any other provisional titles for the other songs.

I'm still shocked that Ivo sold up and moved to L.A. a few years ago.  It just doesn't compute.