Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:56:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Darren Aronofsky’s Black Swan

Started by Johnny Textface, August 18, 2010, 10:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Textface

Trailer has appeared online http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/blackswan/

I can't wait to see this as I loved his last two films.

Hope he gets on the Robocop remake next - that should be very interesting.

Anyone excited by Black Swan?

thugler

Looks quite good.

But natalie portman can fuck off.

Tiny Poster

Hm, depressed masturbation from Natalie Portman.

Trying to think of scenes in films where women actually enjoy masturbating. There's Shirley Maclain in Being There. Kim Basinger in 91/2 Weeks... Any others?

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: Tiny Poster on September 08, 2010, 06:14:15 PM
Hm, depressed masturbation from Natalie Portman.

Trying to think of scenes in films where women actually enjoy masturbating. There's Shirley Maclain in Being There. Kim Basinger in 91/2 Weeks... Any others?

Joan Allen in Pleasantville is a good one. Having a wank in the bath liberates her.

Tiny Poster

Yeah, I was coming back to post that one.

Are there any films where men masturbate whilst crying/going through mental breakdown?

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Quote from: Tiny Poster on September 08, 2010, 08:34:53 PM
Yeah, I was coming back to post that one.

Are there any films where men masturbate whilst crying/going through mental breakdown?

I've a couple of dozen in my home movie collection. Thinking of sending them to You've Been Framed.

chocky909

I'd like to get excited about this film but it's not out til fucking February so I'm going to forget about for a while but I am definately looking forward to it. I love all of Aronofsky's films especially Pi and The Fountain, I'd love to see Natalie Portman do something really good and have a slight thing for ballet girls so all the ingredients are right for me. The IMDb rating is 9.5 which bodes well although thats with only 250 votes so I don't know if that is uncommonly high at this stage.

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: Tiny Poster on September 08, 2010, 08:34:53 PM

American Beauty?  The original Bad Lieutenant?

ThickAndCreamy

It's not really, mainly just twits pissing about. Never trust IMDB ratings, they give Crash over a 7.

I love Pi and RFAD by Daz Aran but The Fountain just seemed like a bore to me. Like he was desperately searching for something deeply meaningful but failed at the last hurdle and so produced a film on a semi-idea.

I'll still look forward to this however.

Tiny Poster

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on September 08, 2010, 09:42:33 PM
American Beauty?  The original Bad Lieutenant?

Excellent work! Who's up for editing together a youtube comp?

gmoney

Does Nic Cage cry whilst having a go at himself in Adaptation?

Phil_A

For some reason, the black feathers motif this film has going on keeps making me think of the cover art from Scott Walker's "Tilt":

Oh shit, too late. Everyone's already moved onto crying and wanking.

JPA

Quote from: Tiny Poster on September 08, 2010, 06:14:15 PM
There's Shirley Maclain in Being There.

Such a cringe-worthy scene that one, it's almost unwatchable.

vrailaine

Asides from Requiem, I love everything he's made ...admittedly the Fountain was pretty flawed but I've still watched it a few times and enjoyed each one.

Not a fan of Natalie Portman but I've really high hopes, got a bit of a Polanski vibe off it.

Gulftastic

Sharon Stone does some gusset typing in 'Sliver'.

chocky909

If anyone is interested, I just found out yesterday that there will be four screenings of Black Swan at Leicester Square Vue from 22 Oct to 25 Oct as part of the BFI film festival. Booking opens 20 Sep for members and 27 Sep for non.

http://www.bfi.org.uk/lff/films/galas_special_screenings/442

I'll probably go if they have any left after the 27th. Like I said, this doesn't open properly until 11 Feb in the UK. General release in the US is 1 Dec.

Well it looks like Aronofsky's Black Swan has leaked all over the internet, thanks to a rogue DVD screener.

Also there's a bit in today's Guardian about these rather nice teaser posters:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/2010/dec/20/black-swan-posters

Tiny Poster

I hear it's really funny - it's a melodrama, so there are plenty of ridiculous 'emotional' moments, a la something like Postcards From The Edge. Now, I actually want to see it.

CaledonianGonzo

When's this seeing a UK release.  I'm definitely intrigued..

Quote from: Tiny Poster on December 20, 2010, 03:00:10 PM
I hear it's really funny - it's a melodrama, so there are plenty of ridiculous 'emotional' moments, a la something like Postcards From The Edge.

Are you sure?  It (supposedly) gets into quite icky Cronenborgian body horror...

Junglist

Early Feb. I am a filthy whore who watched the screener.

And, well, film of the year, in my opinion. Its clearly a love/hate film, but the sodding sod of a thing is still burrowing its way into my brain.

vrailaine

I hear it's leaked, gonna be my big film for the Christmas. Absolutely everything about this film that I've seen has implied I'll love it.

Ja'moke

So tempting to download the screener, I've been excited for this film for a long while now, I don't think I'll be able to resist. I will still make an effort to go see it at the cinema though.

chocky909

Well if you lot are all watching it I guess I'll have to. I was looking forward to seeing it at the cinema. January 21st apparantly.

Ja'moke

Just finished watching it. Mesmerising. Beautiful. Elegant. Fantastic.

Definitely need to see it again on the big screen though.

Harpo Speaks

I saw the trailer at the weekend, looks beautifully shot.

How is Portman then?

Junglist

Superb, I felt. Its just a beautiful film, which is odd considering the themes it portrays.

Funcrusher

Is there a lot of stuff with broken toenails and nasty dancer-type injuries? That's putting me off, along with the fact that I'm not wild about Aronofsky.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Funcrusher on December 21, 2010, 01:31:41 PM
Is there a lot of stuff with broken toenails and nasty dancer-type injuries?

Yes, there a couple of gruesome scenes involving injuries, so if that stuff makes you wince then I'd be wary. But its a brilliant film, and it'd be a shame if that were to put you off.