Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 10:25:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Darren Aronofsky’s Black Swan

Started by Johnny Textface, August 18, 2010, 10:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kidsick5000

For fans of what was and should have been Best Picture, here's a bit of behind the scenes stuff from a production assistant
with some fresh off-camera pics. Very cute one of Mila Kunis
http://matarney.blogspot.com/2011/02/black-swan-behind-curtain.html

and then I came across this youtube about the sound design of the club scene
Black Swan Club Scene Sound Design Explained

Harpo Speaks

Quote from: Neil on January 31, 2011, 08:32:21 PM
Trench mentioned that the direction reflects her view early on, too, at the very start when she's spinning, I think.  Lovely subtle stuff that is, never managed to put it all together on the first viewing.

I'm pretty certain that that shot, which frames the head spinning and then moves into a POV and the spins continue, is a direct homage to the one in The Red Shoes. It's an almost identical shot, and what's more, the ballet being performed in TRS when that shot occurs is Swan Lake.

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: Harpo Speaks on March 05, 2011, 10:27:33 AM
I'm pretty certain that that shot, which frames the head spinning and then moves into a POV and the spins continue, is a direct homage to the one in The Red Shoes. It's an almost identical shot, and what's more, the ballet being performed in TRS when that shot occurs is Swan Lake.

Ha, I just watched that the other day because I got a sudden flash of realization of how similar they are upon seeing this:

To discovered I'd half-forgotten about this scene: