Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:27:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Scott Pilgrim vs The World

Started by j_u_d_a_s, August 20, 2010, 12:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Oof, I'm bad at this.
Quote from: Neil on September 09, 2010, 02:09:51 AM
Where have they said I'm being "harsh"?
I meant that they saw more to the film than just the visuals. I should have cut off the last half of that quote.

I certainly wasn't trying to deny your right to your opinion, I just thought the wording was a bit dismissive. As you say though, I was probably just being insecure.

sirhenry

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on September 09, 2010, 02:29:38 AM
Oof, I'm bad at this.
I'm worse, which is why I'm keeping out of this, other than to add my name to the list of folk who enjoyed this enormously (and more than just visually).

And my early twenties are just a distant blur. ;)

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Mister Six on September 08, 2010, 11:50:30 PM
It's a bit of a cunty thing to say, I know, but I think it's true: appreciation for Scott Pilgrim depreciates in relation to how well you can remember being in your early 20s.[nb]Okay; also how much your early 20s period resembles mine.[/nb] Yes, the movie makes an epic battle out of some guy's quest to date a girl he hardly knows, but that's what it's like when you're 23 and still getting over your first broken heart: everything is an epic battle. This girl is the love of your life! Your band could be the next big thing! You're an adult now, doing adult things! Life is one big, thrilling video game and you're the hero!
I think they should use that as advertising - "specifically for people who were in a band and had a really awesome girlfriend in their early 20s, who turned out to probably not be that awesome".

Sorry.  I feel like I'm in that bad position now - I didn't hate the film, I just thought it didn't really work. It had great moments and Michael Cera was the least annoying I've ever seen him. Anyway.

Mister Six

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on September 09, 2010, 08:03:28 AM
I think they should use that as advertising - "specifically for people who were in a band and had a really awesome girlfriend in their early 20s, who turned out to probably not be that awesome".

Sorry.  I feel like I'm in that bad position now - I didn't hate the film, I just thought it didn't really work. It had great moments and Michael Cera was the least annoying I've ever seen him. Anyway.

Well I wasn't in a band (my equivalent was trying to write a sitcom with my mate), but yeah. I remember the exhilarating feeling of being right there, riding the crest of adulthood, knowing that my time was now and that I had 10 whole years to figure everything out and be the ultimate awesome.

Obviously it hasn't worked out quite like that...

Little Hoover