Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:50:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Back to the Future 25th Anniversary

Started by phes, August 24, 2010, 07:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: alan nagsworth on October 13, 2010, 06:06:05 PM
I noticed they haven't amped up the sound on it either; it's not very bassy at all.

I have to say that this disappointed me. What is the point of doing this big remaster if it still sounds lifeless? Power Of Love was just crap, I should have been ENVELOPED in the 80s cheese. It seems like they just stuck the Blu-Ray on.

small_world

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on October 13, 2010, 05:20:13 PM
Here it is, the Eric Stoltz footage we've all been waiting for

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wudNasQbv0

(well, a few seconds of it anyway)

From just that clip, it looks a very different film. Very bleak, a man truly lost in time...
I would have loved to have two full films to compare.

El Unicornio, mang

Definitely. They filmed about a third of it with Stoltz, see here for the load of pics that have done the rounds for a while http://www.outatime.it/ritornoalfuturo/eric_stoltz/ would love to see it all one day. I think it would have been great with him in it, but Fox definitely brought a lighthearted, comedic, charismatic and vulnerable tone which was needed and it appears Stoltz couldn't deliver.

One good thing about Stoltz is that he really looks like George McFly's son.

AsparagusTrevor

Marty McFly

Went to see it on what I think was its last day of showing in Norwich. Still as fucking amazing as it ever was.

If I did have one complaint, mind.. it's that the super-high-definition remastered print really lets you see how fake the old-age make-up looks on Biff, George and Lorraine, but that's a minor quibble for such a remarkable film.

Nerds will be happy to know that the 'to be continued' bit at the very end of the film is not included (it was only ever added on the first VHS release), so it really was like watching it in the cinema back in 1985. Probably with slightly more expensive popcorn, mind.

El Unicornio, mang

Where's that pic from? I've seen it with his brother faded out and the BTTF stamp on it, but not that one

MuteBanana

Anyone seen that clip of Michael J Fox today hopping into the Delorean?

Really quite a bit sad.

Marty McFly

Well, he's had Parkinson's disease for over 20 years.. what did you expect?!

Personally I thought it was lovely to see it.

(I'm assuming you are referring to this video?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM6Ms621898

Jemble Fred

Yeah, any sign of his illness is very specifically absent from that video, so in itself I don't see how it can be said to be 'sad'. If anything, it merits a big joyous cheer for the lad Fox.

Marty McFly

I did think he looked a bit, well, shaky, but then that's kind of expected with any new footage of him. Bless his short little heart.

Saucer51

Quote from: Buchstansangur on October 14, 2010, 12:17:06 AM
One good thing about Stoltz is that he really looks like George McFly's son.

The actor who played George McFly is the real-life son of the actor who played Mr Wynt in Diamonds Are Forever.

It would be good if you meant the no-name replacement actor rather than Crispin Glover.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Saucer51 on October 18, 2010, 05:02:43 PMThe actor who played George McFly is the real-life son of the actor who played Mr Wynt in Diamonds Are Forever.
who was in Ghost World with Steve Buscemi, who was in Charlotte's Web with Julia Roberts, who was in Flatliners with Kevin Bacon!

Quote from: Jemble Fred on October 18, 2010, 01:54:38 PM
Yeah, any sign of his illness is very specifically absent from that video

Except for how shaky he is, throughout.

Jemble Fred

We must have seen different videos. I saw a painstakingly shot series of closeups (which may as well have been of a body double) and then a brief single shot of Fox where he doesn't even have time to shake.

Apart from all of the shaking he does in that shot.

Jemble Fred

That'll be you sitting on a washing machine as you watch it.

You're the one sitting on the washing machine. By coincidence it is matching his shakes, cancelling them out and causing him to appear still to you.

Ginyard

Where we're going we don't need clothes.

Marty McFly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnqfnaKEaio&feature=player_embedded

Michael J Fox, Lea Thompson, and a Delorean.

As I said above.. considering the man's had Parkinson's disease for over twenty years, he looks to be in remarkable condition. Give him a break, ffs.

Duckula

Marty McFly

And afterwards you'd make her say "Quick! Put your pants back on!"

small_world

Neither of them has aged very much, apart from the obvious.
What a fucker for Michael J Fox, I would have loved to have had him as a really prolific actor over the last few years, I really enjoy everything I see him in, what a proper nice bloke he seems.

So is that it then, I didn't get a chance to see it at the cinema, is anywhere still showing it?

Quote from: Marty McFly on October 20, 2010, 02:24:15 PM
As I said above.. considering the man's had Parkinson's disease for over twenty years, he looks to be in remarkable condition. Give him a break, ffs.
You do realise that nobody is actually criticising him, don't you?

El Unicornio, mang

phantom_power

Quote from: Jemble Fred on October 20, 2010, 08:38:27 AM
We must have seen different videos. I saw a painstakingly shot series of closeups (which may as well have been of a body double) and then a brief single shot of Fox where he doesn't even have time to shake.

But the clip is reproducing the original teaser trailer so I don't think you can read much into the choice of shot

But the clip is reproducing the

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: phantom_power on October 21, 2010, 11:44:12 AM
But the clip is reproducing the original teaser trailer so I don't think you can read much into the choice of shot

But the clip is reproducing the

TO BE CONCLUDED

El Unicornio, mang

Here's the original, if anyone is interested. Wish trailers these days could be more like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJhbkpU0LE4