Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:00:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The worst film ever made. With Rik Mayall.

Started by Jake Thingray, September 03, 2010, 08:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kidsick5000

Quote from: Jemble Fred on September 10, 2010, 09:10:16 AM
The problem with that is that every time I've heard Edmondson talk about comedy and his career in the last decade or so he's com across as a complete tosser, rubbishing his legacy while gearing up for some shameful Celeb TV Show – whereas Rik's interviews of recent years have remained a joy. Packed with the same old ego jokes of course, but he comes across well in my opinion. If anything, it feels like Rik has tried to remain true to his comedy, whereas Ade's had that pink light that Alexei Sayle talked about emerge from his ear, and lost it.

Of the stuff I've seen Ade interviewed on, he sounds a little grumpy about the new folk, but only in that "been there, done that - It was different in my day" way.
He was on Chain Reaction recently and rather positive about his time in comedy. He bemoaned the business side of the current comedy folk but still in an affable way.
But he freely admits that the 'raw and hungry' years are behind him and now he's happy just doing his music thing.

Nice interview if you can catch it

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: Marvin on September 11, 2010, 01:20:04 PM
That's nonsense though, he's done Hell's Kitchen and that's it surely?

He also did Fame Academy, albeit for Comic Relief.