Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:16:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The WINNER of Wimblemong 2010...

Started by Rowlands, September 04, 2010, 08:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowlands

Hello grapple fans. As the sound of the many spectators gasping in shock at the sheer calibre of the performers in this most exciting finale fades away, it is left to me (at Kishi's behest, for she is away this evening) to crown the winner of this nail-biting closer to what has been a truly stellar tournament.

34 votes have been counted, and are shared as follows. DocDaneeka scores an impressive 15 votes. However, he was ultimately given the slip by the very man who he thought he'd seen the last of in round 3. He died, was resurrected, and ascended to the winner's throne with 19 votes.

What passes for ladies and gentlemen here, please receive the winner of Wimblemong 2010 -

ALAN FUCKING NAGSWORTH!

Big, big thanks to everybody who participated, and to Kishi for chairing and wading through the plethora of drop-outs this year and holding everything together while those surrounding lost their heads. Bagsy chair for next year!

BUT...

The fun doesn't end there, folks. Judging by the appalling photoshop job above, it's clear why I was eliminated. But some of you are actually pretty good, and along with the £5 prize money I shall be paypalling to Nagsworth (PM me), he needs a trophy. Get your mong heads on, bash out a decent trophy and post it in this thread for Nagsworth to choose, motherfuckers.

Until next time!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Congrats to Nagsworth and his pheonix from the flames style triumph!

*fanfare*

Can anyone actually kill him? We find out next year, or save ourselves the wait and go around his house with a sledgehammer.

Much appreciations to Kishi and Rowlands for the dull admin work.

DocDaneeka

Ah I wasn't too far off winning. Congratulation Nagsworth!

Thanks to Kishi, Ronnie and all the people who didn't flounce off halfway through the tournament.

Big Jack McBastard

Twas a lovely tourney so it was, much beautiful wrongness dredged up from the depths of Lake Mong for our eyes to feast upon.

Cerys

Indeed.  Congratulations and commiserations and thanks to the relevant people, plus a gentle reminder to Nagsy that I was pivotal - pivotal, dammit, to his success; and that I like chocolate.  No pressure.

chocky909

Stand back everyone! Give the lad some room to breathe for God's sake!

Well done Nags, you done good. What're you going to spend your £5 on?

Cerys

Small Man Big Horse

Congrats Nagsy! PM me your address and I'll send you the crap lovely stuff that I promised to give the winner in the rules thread. :)

Zero Gravitas

If you want a teacup full of dead files and some broken toothpicks then PM me and I'll have the sent out in the first post.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I have a mailbomb and am frankly itching to see whether it works.

Big Jack McBastard

Fancy some Anthrax? PMing it might be a chore though.

AsparagusTrevor

Congrats mate, I voted for you so I certainly agree with the consensus.
It was a great tournament, my first one in fact, but if they're all this fun then count me in every year.

Now, on to trophy making...

alan nagsworth

FUUUCKING HELL LADS

I honestly can't believe I got this far, and then won. Total fucking shocker. Needless to say I got very drunk last night after seeing the results on my mate's BlackBerry. Thanks everyone who voted for me, thanks to God for being my unwavering force of hope, and thanks to my penis for just being there for me when all else looked bleak.

Nags is a very happy bunny today! THANK YOU! :)

Now how do I get my hands on this fiver and assortment of SMBH's trinkets?

ziggy starbucks

well done naggy, top work.

Hard luck doc. If its any consolation at all, Miles has lost 3 finals

Lyndon

That's a good point ziggy, if Miles was playing Doc wouldn't even have got this far, and Nags would have beaten Miles in the final. Well played everyone.

actwithoutwords

Congratulations alan. And three cheers for kishi for running a cracking tournament without throttling any of the pull-outs.

Rowlands

Nagsworth where's that PM. Do you want your FIVE FUCKING POUNDS or what?!?!

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

Sorry I was away to miss the final glorious moments my pretties. Life and that.

Well done Rowlands, you've conquered your crippling roundfacedness to become a perfectly competent Wimblemong assistant. Cheers. Congratulations to nags, and thank you all so much for participating, being funny and talented, giving friendly suggestions, and being kind when I mess it up. I admit when I started this I only did it for the tiny spark of power, but now I feel only the love. You can PM my fee whenever.

alan nagsworth

mook

fuck your trophy - where's my bloody story cerys.

well done on winning nags blah, blah, blah the other feller was far better than you and really should have won blah, blah, blah - where is my fucking story cerys.

Cerys

Can't do another story right now - I'm busy building a trophy.

Cerys

AsparagusTrevor

Cerys

Just a quickie.  I would have spent more time on it, but I've got work to do and some git wants me to tell him a story.

Zero Gravitas

You could've at least stuck some sprockets and a centrifugal governor on it!

Congratulations Nagsy

Cerys

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on September 10, 2010, 05:09:53 PM
You could've at least stuck some sprockets and a centrifugal governor on it!

Maybe next year.