Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:42:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Firsties!

Started by Big Jack McBastard, September 04, 2010, 10:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Jack McBastard

Do I win?

If so I claim this realm in the name of McBastard!

Zero Gravitas

Damn you 'Bastard! 'Gaming' is a bit boring though.

The little boy from A Brief Encounter is such a little cunt.

Big Jack McBastard

Well I'll be the worst and the hairy princess then!

A new name eh?

Suggestions perhaps?

Warped Thumbs
The Xbox Antisocial
Pallid Playthings
Virgins Corner
Pew-Pew!

Edit:
Or

Playing With Whores

Neil

No ideas names-wise for the new sub-forums yet, so yeah, suggest away.  I like Hoover's suggetsion of YLT's "Deeper Into Movies" for the film forum at the minute.  Need to work out the other changes, I was going to bang the sports stuff in somewhere, with those perma-threads in HS Art.  Would be great to move the focus of HS Art back to Photoshops, but noone starts the threads anyway.

Spiteface

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on September 04, 2010, 11:22:14 PM
Damn you 'Bastard! 'Gaming' is a bit boring though.

The little boy from A Brief Encounter is such a little cunt.

What about "Gay Ming"?  Then people might think it's a forum dedicated to CaB's resident Chinese homosexual.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Console Yourself
Abandon All Soap Ye Who Enter Here
FUCKING GAMES LADS
The Other Joystick

DocDaneeka

Quote from: Neil on September 05, 2010, 12:13:50 AM
No ideas names-wise for the new sub-forums yet, so yeah, suggest away.  I like Hoover's suggetsion of YLT's "Deeper Into Movies" for the film forum at the minute.  Need to work out the other changes, I was going to bang the sports stuff in somewhere, with those perma-threads in HS Art.  Would be great to move the focus of HS Art back to Photoshops, but noone starts the threads anyway.
If you shove Sports into Hs Arts, I will personally come round your house and wee on yer Xbox.

You could unstickify some of those Hs art topics too, is there not a Sink label thingy you can add to shitty topics in phpbb?

Barry Admin

Quote from: DocDaneeka on September 05, 2010, 12:39:29 AM
If you shove Sports into Hs Arts, I will personally come round your house and wee on yer Xbox.

You could unstickify some of those Hs art topics too, is there not a Sink label thingy you can add to shitty topics in phpbb?

What I meant was that I wanted to take those stickys, and combine them with the sports stuff, leaving HS Art with a clear focus on photoshops. 

What's a sink label?

Earlier on I had the notion of making a general 'it's all fun and games' subforum, which would house gaming, sports, and all those sort of forum-game ones, like Limericks etc.  I want a dedicated gaming board, though, so I dunno.  If you tuck them all away in their own subforum, they just get more popular (cf So Many Things.)  I have stickyed them to make a clearer division between them, and photoshops - noone really bothers reading sticky threads.

Jemble Fred

I really hope we can keep all the creative threads in HS Art, be it 'poetry' or whatever, it'd be a shame if it was just pics plus the writing threads don't go with sport or games. Be great to get the non-creative 'Who I Fancy/Look Like' threads out of there too, back into General.

It would be a very good call to bunch Sport and Games together in one section though! Call it 'the sublimated sexual frustration bit'.

Neil

Quote from: Jemble Fred on September 05, 2010, 02:40:12 AM
It would be a very good call to bunch Sport and Games together in one section though! Call it 'the sublimated sexual frustration bit'.

Heh.  Yeah, I dunno.  My goal is to make every sub-forum as good/busy as CC and GB, but Oscillations has always dragged behind, and PB too.  I'll try some things out, keep thinking it over, and start doing the custom coding for the new front page. 

Big Jack McBastard

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 05, 2010, 12:28:54 AM
Abandon All Soap Ye Who Enter Here

I like it!

Idle Hands
Jostling Tendons
Polygon Pontifications
Basement Musings
Thumbs Like Traction Engines
The Sweaty Palms
The Moist Controller
The Next Level
Button Bashers

And finally:
Gamesbastard (yeah well, I like it)

Lee Van Cleef

The fuck happened here then?

jutl

Famous Mortimer

I like Shoulders'

Console Yourself

Spiteface

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on September 05, 2010, 03:46:50 AM

And finally:
Gamesbastard (yeah well, I like it)

I like this one, actually.

DocDaneeka

Quote from: Barry Admin on September 05, 2010, 01:03:04 AM
What I meant was that I wanted to take those stickys, and combine them with the sports stuff, leaving HS Art with a clear focus on photoshops. 

What's a sink label?

Earlier on I had the notion of making a general 'it's all fun and games' subforum, which would house gaming, sports, and all those sort of forum-game ones, like Limericks etc.  I want a dedicated gaming board, though, so I dunno.  If you tuck them all away in their own subforum, they just get more popular (cf So Many Things.)  I have stickyed them to make a clearer division between them, and photoshops - noone really bothers reading sticky threads.

Ah fair enough.

I'm not sure exactly what Sink Tags(I think thats the right term) are, even though I have seen them on a few messageboards. I thought they stopped threads bumping up to top of the forum or something when people posted to them. Can't  find out anything on google so maybe I'm wrong.

Slaaaaabs

N*GGER F*GGOT LOUNGE (Sponsored By XBox Live)

chocky909

Keeping with the music theme, "Games For May"?

I hope I'm wrong (and hope I'm not repeating a tired point from elsewhere[nb]if so, tell me to STFU N00B[/nb]), but I don't think that splitting videogames into a sub-forum is going to increase discussion of them.

I know there's constant effort afoot to improve (the already excellent) site (ta!), and the intentions of this change are good, but I'm hesitant nonetheless.

In time, may the Gods designate me Mister Incorrect!

madhair60

Famous Mortimer

I've already noticed an improvement in film, in that topics don't drop off the front page as quickly as they would if they were all in Picture Box, so I've been encouraged to add to a few topics I'd never have seen otherwise. Dunno about gaming yet, but as I haven't touched a non-iPhone game in more than a month, I'm maybe not the best judge.

Cerys

Didn't want to create a new thread for this:

VegaLA

Our very own Shoulders appears in Sony Viral ad for Sony Move, kills Wii Mii without a second's thought!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiUa6gck4iE&feature=player_embedded