Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:53:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

HDCP Secure Link Not Found - Xbox 360

Started by micanio, September 08, 2010, 11:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micanio

Just bought a spanking new HD LED TV, and an XBox official HDMI cable. Everything is great until I try to watch a downloaded movie with Zune. I get HDCP Secure Link not found....

Ive Googled and can't seem to find any solutions. Anyone else experienced this problem? And if so, how did you resolve it?

VegaLA

Hmmm....

I had a similar problem with a film I DownLoaded. Can't remember the exact error message but even though the film was on the HDD, it would only play when I had the Ethernet cable hooked in, so it seems like it needs a constant link even though you have the media on your HDD.

Try that, if not then ????????

Penfold

i only get this message when watching a DVD on my xbox but then switching input to the other HDMI cable and then back again but the DVD still plays ok.

sorry for being no help.

Big Jack McBastard

I can play bugger all film-wise on mine without it being connected to Live, in my case it was something to do with swapping the hard drive out into a slightly newer model (my old Xbox red ringed past it's warranty and it was cheaper to get a new, more reliable base unit without a HD), little did I know it would have twatty 'issues'.

Is it down to the box/film having a benny over the HDMI cable? ie: Will the film run with the composite cable instead?