Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:59:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Left 4 Dead 2 - Mutations

Started by Pinckle Wicker, September 10, 2010, 01:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Probs could have started this a bit earlier on actually, as they have been running for a while now. Is anyone else enjoying this slant that has been added to L4D 2? If so what ones and have you any tips etc for dealing with the hordes and special infecteds?

I really enjoyed the Gibfest(sp) mutation where you were given an M60 with unlimited ammo! Was very satisfying indeed ripping through anything that dared to get in your path. 

Also thoughts of the L4D games in general are welcome.

VegaLA

I was excited when L4D was annouced way back when and completly chuffed when I found it in my stocking that following Christmas and could'nt wait to get involved with some action with the Whore here.
I think I played through two levels with a couple of you guys and while I did enjoy it, it did not pull me in the way I expected. I never completed the game before trading it in, nor did I really find out what was missing about the experience either. Maybe i'm a Romero lover rather than a Russo fan.

Is L4D an improvement in any way?

Hello,

1st poster, been waiting on that special subject that peeked my interest enough... Ta-da - The Left 4 Dead games have so many different playable modes that's it's difficult to find yourself becoming bored with the game... take that, add it to the achievement hunting and you've got a game for life (me thinks).

The main objective becomes (once you've completed it yourself a few times) trying to find those 'special people' playing online who actually care about the team work aspect (do such people exist) it's often frustrating when you get these 'lone wolfs', probably a common problem with online gameplay...

I'll add more to the whole L4D thread later... since there's loads to talk about!

Cheers!

Quote from: VegaLA on September 10, 2010, 04:31:21 PM
Is L4D an improvement in any way?
I assume mean L4D 2 Vega and yes most definetely. The use of mellee weapons really adds a more OTT gore facor to the game as well as bein real good fun! The levels, new special infected, weapons & finales are all a step up as well. I will still go back and play the original though as the 2nd one is really just an upgraded extension to the original.
So would suggest you give it a try.
Edit - Yeah i totally agree with what Riptide is saying to be good teamwork is essential and unless you get it you are always open to take a pounding!!

VegaLA

Quote from: Pinckle Wicker on September 10, 2010, 04:42:22 PM
I assume mean L4D 2 Vega and yes most definetely.

Sorry yes, I meant L4D2, fat fingers on my part. With Reach and Dead Rising 2 pratically in my 360 i've got the rest of the year sorted but by the time a quiet period sufaces I should be able to pick it up at a decent price. Cheers.

Quote from: Riptide McDeath on September 10, 2010, 04:33:27 PM
The main objective becomes (once you've completed it yourself a few times) trying to find those 'special people' playing online who actually care about the team work aspect (do such people exist)

Agreed, but then the posters on this very board are great at getting onboard with this.
I had Sinbad, Terminally and Huzzie all playing the same campaign game for a stretch of weekends on Halo 3 when it was released.
That's another point. Grab the hot co-op titles on release. After a few months the serious gamers move on from one title to the next and that makes it harder to find gamers that will take the campaign co-op/team work aspect of it seriosuly.

Custard

Erm what's this Mutations thing about then? DLC? I'll have to read up about it! Not been playing on me Xbox as of late.

Anyway, huge fan of L4D2. Though it was rushed out just a year after the first game (which caused a fan uproar towards Valve for, THE BASTARDS, making a sequel so quickly. It ended up being decent though, so the whole thing was quickly forgotten about) it was far superior in my opinion.

The levels were more fun, there was more of them to get stuck into, so many great game-modes, and the online-play was the best fun i've had game-playing on the interwebz. I remember playing with a good mate of mine most nights around the start of this year and us both laughing constantly. Its just such a really daft, incredibly fun multi-play experience. Really quite satisfying too, killing a load of indentikit zomboids with a sawn-off and watching the blood spurt everywhere, before attempting to peg it onto a nearby boat in time.

Flying solo can quickly get samey and actually a bit boring, but I think virtually anyone would say these games are much more fun playing with a mate or two. It's such common opinion that Valve may aswell recommend it on the box.

I'm glad they're taking more time on the third game, as i do think it'll need a few extra new options and game-modes to still feel fresh and different enough from the first two games, and I can't wait to see what they've come up with once it eventually appears.

New game content out tomorrow for L4D2 called The Sacrifice. Dont know all the details but is looking good.

Left 4 Dead The Sacrifice DLC Trailer - GameSpot Video

Zetetic

Quote from: Shameless on September 12, 2010, 12:07:38 AM
Flying solo can quickly get samey and actually a bit boring, but I think virtually anyone would say these games are much more fun playing with a mate or two. It's such common opinion that Valve may aswell recommend it on the box.
I don't think that the L4D series was ever intended as anything other than a multiplayer game. If you've got any bots on your team they're usually quite annoying. I found a bit odd when Vega talked about not "completing" L4D. I can't imagine playing L4D2 on a console would be very fun though; L4D was certainly horrible on Xbox.

glitch

Why was it horrible on XBox? I had a great time, especially in versus. The only thing I feel I've missed from the PC version were all the "grief" binds but I think they've been patched out now anyway.

Quote from: glitch on October 05, 2010, 12:08:19 PM
Why was it horrible on XBox? I had a great time, especially in versus. The only thing I feel I've missed from the PC version were all the "grief" binds but I think they've been patched out now anyway.
Yeah i agree i think the XBox game is just great. Mibbes its because you have moved over from PC and feels strange in comparison but both L4D's have been fine for me and i have played a lot of games on PC prior to owning an Xbox.

AsparagusTrevor

The Sacrifice is out now, and also you can currently get L4D2 for a fiver and tuppence. For that price, you can't go wrong.

Zetetic

Quote from: Pinckle Wicker on October 05, 2010, 01:17:52 PM
Mibbes its because you have moved over from PC and feels strange in comparison
That could be it. I don't usually have any problem with playing games on the Xbox 360, and I've used the controller for games such as Just Cause 2 and Arkham Asylum that are much better with it. I suppose I just found that it looked worse and controlled worse, but in both cases it's credibly just unusual difference. There's also the matter of addon campaigns and the ability to fiddle with various aspects of the game that are denied on the Xbox version. 'Horrible' was unfair (well, stupid of me), but if you had a choice I can't see why you wouldn't go for PC version.