Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:24:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

what level are you

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, September 13, 2010, 11:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babyshambler

Quote from: Junglist on October 24, 2010, 08:56:26 PM
Not that any of you play it, but being in the top 10 on quite a few Trials HD tracks out of around a million registered players.

I've played it, my friend has played it a lot, and I'm impressed on behalf of both of us. That's takes incredible skill.

Famous Mortimer

Both me and my Mum got into the top three of Zzap! 64 magazine's high score list on "Zolyx". I remember we took photos of the screen and everything.

bitpunk

I once completed Chase HQ while on a family holiday in a caravan park when I was a wee boy.  There were about 10-15 kids crowding around the 'car' watching the credits roll, with me just sat there all smug ...

I fucking ruled that day!

VegaLA

I completed Dead Rising 2 on Overtime mode just yesterday, and i'd only levelled up to 25, which was quite the challenge as most tutorials I checked online suggest you level up to the late 30s.
Also very close to getting the 'Come on, follow me' achievement, a feat that I could never do in Dead Rising.

Next, Dead Rising Case West!

MjjW

This isn't very impressive but I've spent this year playing/replaying all the Zelda games (except for the Nes ones, I just can't imagine them being fair or fun for some reason.) Saved Ocarina of Time for last, which I just completed yesterday with all golden skulltullas and heart pieces which was something I never managed playing it 12 years ago. Am maddened by the fucking "legendary" Hylian Loach in the fishing mini-game though. I've had to convince myself that it doesn't matter if I catch it to complete everything...but deep down I know I've failed. Spent an hour leaving and re-entering an area to make it appear plus 2 hours dangling a lure by the fucker's mouth to no effect. I've been beaten by that fake fish. Fuck.

Famous Mortimer

Check this spoiler out and have another go. Go on, go on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhj-_vjoew8

I had a pretty good success ratio at passing the Banyan tree. "Whats a banyan tree?" I hear some youngsters ask. tsk tsk

Fry

I've got A+ on every level of super meat boy, I am halfway through doing the same for the dark world levels.

Barberism

Quote from: MjjW on December 17, 2010, 08:44:15 PM
This isn't very impressive but I've spent this year playing/replaying all the Zelda games (except for the Nes ones, I just can't imagine them being fair or fun for some reason.) Saved Ocarina of Time for last, which I just completed yesterday with all golden skulltullas and heart pieces which was something I never managed playing it 12 years ago. Am maddened by the fucking "legendary" Hylian Loach in the fishing mini-game though. I've had to convince myself that it doesn't matter if I catch it to complete everything...but deep down I know I've failed. Spent an hour leaving and re-entering an area to make it appear plus 2 hours dangling a lure by the fucker's mouth to no effect. I've been beaten by that fake fish. Fuck.

The original Zelda hasn't really grabbed me. Zelda 2 was a real grind, no doubt the worst.

My Christmas present to myself was a GBA and Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, and Minish Cap. I should have them all finished in time for the 3DS and Ocarina of Time remake :)

Link's Awakening really is one of the best games of all time. The DX version is a bit easier though, Once you get the red tunic you can just one shot most enemies in the game. Still love that game to bits.

I also got Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island. And Street Fighter 2. Retro gaming heaven.

madhair60

Quote from: Fry on December 26, 2010, 04:23:40 PM
I've got A+ on every level of super meat boy, I am halfway through doing the same for the dark world levels.

I've A+d both worlds, all the glitch levels, collected every bandage.  Just got the iron man runs to go, now.  Great, great game.