Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:46:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Game rentals.

Started by ThickAndCreamy, September 13, 2010, 01:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThickAndCreamy

I'm probably going to buy a PS3 in the next week, but will only rent games for it. The trouble is, I haven't rented games since using Blockbuster constantly many years ago with the PS2.

What are the best online services for it and generally how much do they cost?

Big Jack McBastard

A lot of (real world) shops do trade-ins for second hand games these days if you ever find one you want to keep hold of for a bit, my particular shop of choice is Grainger Games (but I think that's an exclusively northern thing at the mo). I've recently had about 30 games out of them from between a fiver and 15 quid and since I've traded a huge backlog of my old games at the same time it's barely registered cash-wise.

ThickAndCreamy

I used to just buy al my games second hand on ebay, complete them and then sell them again and the money lost is mostly very small.

However, now ebay is awful and the cost to list is too high. I am also very lazy and just want a service to send me discs to play and then send them back (or not at all if that's possible). So for me second hand games and reselling them is not an option I want to take.

MojoJojo

Lovefilm do games. Probably the best option is the pay as you go option - that way if you have a slow month or two when you don't play any games, you don't pay anything.
Last time I looked, games weren't an option on pay as you go, so I haven't used it. But I've just looked, and now they are, so I might have a go.

ThickAndCreamy

On lovefilm it's 4 games a month for £10 and you can have two at a time. That's reasonable I guess (£2.50 a game), for 3 months and 12 games (aka more than enough I will want to play on the PS3) it would cost £30 and the cost of buying and reselling the PS3.

I guess I'll search around for a better deal than that.

ThickAndCreamy

I think I've found the best deal here;

LoveFilm - Free month long trial (from UK games rental website link)
Boomerang - Free 21 day trial
Game - Free 10 day trial

So 2 months free, then maybe pay for a month with LoveFilm or Boomerang both of which offer decent £10 packages. SORTED!

Paaaaul

Two months free at Lovefilm - here

ThickAndCreamy

If this still works in two or three days then you are a saint. Thanks a lot, will hopefully save me a tenner!