Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:02:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PS3 Shadow of the Colossus / Ico

Started by Garfield And Friends, September 16, 2010, 03:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/ico-and-shadow-of-the-colossus-footage

Jeans-creamingly good news! It's rare that I get hyped for a game release these days, but this is a dead-cert buy for me. I adore SotC (and Ico). One of my favourites on the ps2 is getting a high-def update (with 3D support) on the Playstation 3.

Hooray!

Niall Quim

I bought ICO for £15 back when it got a re-release, then sold it thinking it'd be easy to get hold of again if I wanted. But it only got rarer - how does that even work?

Saw a comparison video of the PS2 + PS3 versions running together and it appears to make all the difference of not having a jar of vaseline smeared on your telly, so a well worth investing in. Anyone know if the God of War 1 + 2 HD remakes had much of a step-up in quality? I own the originals, but if graduating to HD makes that much difference I'll have to pick up the PS3 collection.

chocky909

Woop. This looks nice. I never finished SOTC and I'd love to give Ico a third run through. It really depends on the price. Is in a PSN download or retail? I don't fancy paying £30 for this but then hopefully the price would come down and I could wait.

Niall, where did you see comparison videos?

Niall Quim

Here you go: http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/ico-hd-vs-sd-emulation

I gather that's just an unofficial experiment in upscaling the game, but I'd imagine the finished retail product would be as good, if not better?

*creams jeans*

Quote from: Niall Quim on September 16, 2010, 03:30:44 PM
I bought ICO for £15 back when it got a re-release, then sold it thinking it'd be easy to get hold of again if I wanted. But it only got rarer - how does that even work?

I bought Ico at the time of the re-release too (for £20) and did so on the strength of the SotC previews.  Didn't have a clue about the game's rarity - or indeed quality - but over the years it has sometimes been going for upward of sixty quid on ebay*.  On two occasions, when getting rid of games, I took Ico along to Gamestation for a laugh (with absolutely no intention of trading) to get valuations: first time it was £2.50; second: £0.50.

EDIT: *Now £90 apparently. Wow.

Neomod

Blimey!!

I got this given to me to try by a colleague as I'd loved SOTC. I forgot to give it back when I left the job.

Result!

*edit*

Just checked Ebay............oh

Famous Mortimer

The day after I trade my PS3 in because I never use the damn thing any more, and this news comes out. Curse you, world.

wasp_f15ting

This is great news, I never got to play these games, and if it looks anything like GOWar 1&2 on the PS3 i'll be happy.

crestfallen

I'm very much looking forward to playing Shadow of the Colossus.

Ico was the first game I bought when I got my PS2 and loved every minute. I lent it to my sister's boyfriend, but never got it back when they split.

Hopefully The Last Guardian will be as good.

vrailaine

I've the first edition of Ico with the postcards and all but the c*nts in the store wrote a 3 number code on the back with red marker, if it weren't for that it was in perfect condition. Remember finding a copy a few months beforehand for €9 but I only had a fiver on me.