Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:49:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Why is the horror genre so completely and utterly shit?

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, September 16, 2010, 04:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: sirhenry on July 11, 2011, 03:58:22 PM
What do you expect from zombies - it's part of the job description.

These days you can't get the fuckers to stop running, using guns and vehicles, etc.

There's something there- the idea that these people would just be thousands upon thousands of living breathing sadists- that the amount of bloodthirsty murderous people in the world was overwhelmingly large in comparison to the amount of peaceful sane people, for example.

But the title 'zombie' still needs to be affixed so as to dehumanise them sufficiently for the audience to stomach it.

However when I see what goes on in Africa, Rwanda in the 90s, DRC at the turn of the century, and Ivory Coast earlier in the year, just to begin with, the thing which actually scares me shitless is the idea of human beings en masse acting like that. Oh and the world wars of course, in case people think I'm picking on the central Africans.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 11, 2011, 09:43:45 AM
People's brains were all over the shop, and someone appeared to regurgitate all her internal organs at one point.

From Wikipedia
QuoteDuring the movie, actress Daniela Doria actually vomited sheep entrails during the intestine purging scene

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 11, 2011, 05:07:54 PM
However when I see what goes on in Africa, Rwanda in the 90s, DRC at the turn of the century, and Ivory Coast earlier in the year, just to begin with, the thing which actually scares me shitless is the idea of human beings en masse acting like that. Oh and the world wars of course, in case people think I'm picking on the central Africans.

Got a job at Capcom, you mad racist?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

If I had my way all the black people being shot at in videogames would be stumbling insensible cannibals.