Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:19:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

F1 2010

Started by surreal, September 18, 2010, 08:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy starbucks

there's an accusation doing the rounds that the times the computer cars are doing in qualifying and the race are not real - as in they are automatically generated and unrelated to the actual lap performance. I'm not sure what that really means having never played the game but this youtube clip suggests something is fishy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0BBTXpeGQs

the graphics do look amazing though

MALCOLM

The head designer confirmed that the cars on the track in quali are just ornaments, and the times are faked

Not so for the race supposedly, but who really knows

There was a clip where some guy starts a race, goes around the track on lap one with someone behind him, they cross the start/finish line in that order, yet the guy behind gets a quicker lap time

I'm not sure if thats because the car behind crossed the start line after, surely a lap time starts as the lights go out rather than when someone crosses the line

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteThe head designer confirmed that the cars on the track in quali are just ornaments, and the times are faked

Oh great, so the game manages in this respect to be less sophisticated than something that was made 20 years ago.

EddyWhore

Fuck codemasters and their fucking R and D save data corrupt autosave glitch. Fuck them in their dirty fuck holes. I hope they release the patch soon, but I'm getting really pissed off at developers using customers for their live beta test.