Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:39:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PC desk

Started by small_world, September 18, 2010, 11:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

small_world

Someone mentioned a sofa desk for use with a lap-top, to use as a base for a steering wheel for a game. And it got me thinking. For a while now I've wanted to get rid of my PC desk in the corner of my room. I spend ages and ages of my PC but I'd rather sit more comfortably. At the minute I've got the standard desk with chair combo, and it's nice and that, but I'd like something a bit more relaxed and stylish...
Any ideas?

I'm imagining an easy chair with a wrap around table for the keybard and mouse and the monitor pinned to the wall, or attached further back on the easy chair desk thing. I don't know if such a thing exists[nb]copyrights if it doesn't[/nb], but if it does, I want one.

Big Jack McBastard

I've just stuck everything on what, I'm guessing, was designed to be a tall but narrow mobile PC stand: Telly on top, keyboard general debris on the pull-out table bit, DVD player on the shelf under that and Xbox on the bottom shelf. I can move the whole thing wherever I need it  My PC sits off to one side of my bed separate from the unit but hooked up to my telly, so like a titanically lazy sod I'm writing this lying down in my foetid pit.

I do like the sound of your idea, but there's not nearly enough lounging in it for my tastes, I'm liable to fall asleep while buggering about <checks clock> so being somewhere I can collapse is essential.

surreal

The Ikea stuff usually is pretty cool.   Can I also suggest you have a look in the Overclockers.co.uk forums, in the "Case Central" forum where people post pics of their rooms and setups, there are a lot of different desks people use and they're usually happy to tell you where they got various bits from.