Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:52:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Minecraft

Started by MALCOLM, September 21, 2010, 08:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetetic

If anyone does make it to 'my' shelter (it's a bit out of the way compared to others), then they really can take what they want if it'll help. It's a bit of pain if you take all the iron, mind.

Who built the Toblerone house?

Puffin Chunks

That's my home! Beach front property. Got to do a bit of landscaping, a bit of decorating and maybe change the roof. Going to start mining soon.

Is yours the red brick number? I came to have a look round, but it started getting dark so I ran home.

leelo

Good fun tonight, especially the awesome bit of subterranean engineering where Zetetic and I met under the ocean floor in a scene reminiscent of Graham Fagg and Phillippe Cozette back in 1990.

Hi - New to the board, but wouldn't mind a bit of this.  I tried to login to the server, however it said I wasn't a premium user. Bastard

Puffin Chunks

You need to have purchased Minecraft. If you have then Minecraft.net is probably down.

Who's "Mynameisadam" (it was something like that anyway). He ran out of my house, got owned by a creeper which blew the front off my house off and logged out. It was quite entertaining to watch.

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: Marmaduke_Jinks on March 23, 2011, 10:41:58 AM
Hi - New to the board, but wouldn't mind a bit of this.  I tried to login to the server, however it said I wasn't a premium user. Bastard

Had you paid for the beta or alpha version previously?

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: Puffin Chunks on March 23, 2011, 11:22:02 AM
You need to have purchased Minecraft. If you have then Minecraft.net is probably down.

Who's "Mynameisadam" (it was something like that anyway). He ran out of my house, got owned by a creeper which blew the front off my house off and logged out. It was quite entertaining to watch.

I think that was me? Mynameisalex is my user name. Yes i did get rather owned by a creeper. Sorry about the house.

sen

Just made a new world in this today, christening my newly made beach shack "Ye House".

Zetetic

fearofmusic, is there any chance of getting a copy of the world as it is now? (I know this is a bit of a pain.)

fearofmusic

Puffin Chunks

Ok, who built pacman?? That's amazing. I'm now quite embarrassed by my crappy creations.

Zetetic

I think that's Leelo's.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

I managed to build a crappy WTC-a-like tower, accidently set myself on fire then fall off the top. My own personal tribute to the victims of 911. Also the stuff Leelo has bulit is amazing, Pac-Man, sky bridges, underground subways...good stuff.

leelo

Heh, thanks for the compliments on Pacman & Blinky.  Getting all that red dyed wool was a pain in the arse, but worth it in the end. 

As for sky bridges and subways: I only did the half of the sky bridge leading up to the mountain. The next bit (the big zig-zag) was already there and built by FOM I think. 
Zetetic is responsible for any good looking tunnel action over my way (colour coded and everything!), whereas any tunnel I dig is usually narrow, poorly lit and hastily walled up due to lava / sea misshaps.

You'll probably notice a large section of forest has gone missing from behind my place.  This is due to my experiments in lava-falls which got a bit out of hand.  I also half burned down whoevers wooden building it was back there, so I patched it up with cobblestone and will make a proper effort tonight to restore back to it's former planky self.

surreal

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Who built the undersea Bond-style lair? That shit is awesome!

Still Not George

If you're talking about the underwater glass tunnels, that would be me. It's a work in progress - my little chunk of the map is surprisingly sparse on coal so cooking up enough sand has been problematic.

Next up is a big living area to move my bed, crafting area etc into.

edit: Actually, now I think of it, if any of you guys want to donate coal to the effort you'd be more than welcome.

leelo

Dropped 128 coal off in your main chest tonight.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Dropped off 64 coal and built a tunnel linking you to the rest of the network.

Still Not George

All Fear "The Network"!

Thanks guys, will be on tonight probably.

Still Not George

Been for a bit of an explore in The Network. Wow, you guys really have been getting on with stuff while I've been skinny-dipping with glass, haven't you? I loved the subway wall writing too.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Leelo (i think?) I must doff my hat to you. All that stuff you have built is great. Pac-man, Space Invaders, Swimming pool with diving boards and water slides...great work. How long did that all take you?

leelo

Ta :)

Building stuff like Pac Man etc doesn't actaully take that long once you've got the layout planned.  Getting all the materials can be the time sink.  And by materials, I mean wool.  Fucking wool.  Blinky alone is just under 160 blocks, so if it averages out that each sheep drops 2 wool, you're looking at having to find and punch around 80 sheep.  You'll notice that Pac Man is made from planks ;)

Next up is going to be either a Big Boo or an obsidian Bob-omb.

Zetetic

Quote from: Still Not George on April 11, 2011, 09:27:07 PMI loved the subway wall writing too.
If you've got any ink-sacs (there are 8 or so sodding squid somewhere in the world) or black wool that you're not likely to miss, then I'd love to be able to finish it.

Still Not George

There's at least one black sheep somewhere near the Undersea Lair's land-based portion, I'll go and find it later.  I have a few black wool I think. (There used to be more but then wolves spawned and murdered practically every living thing in the area before I could find my bones collection.)

Still Not George

Oh, and in case anyone's wondering, once the Undersea Lair is complete, my next mission (should I choose to accept it) is a giant volcano base. With lava.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Made a stupidly over long tunnel linking SNG's place with Leelo's crib. Use it at your peril.

Zetetic

I thought I'd use this thread to whine petulantly request politely that fearofmusic update the server whenever he's able to (you know, when life, work, family, friends and so forth don't interfere). It's been a good 10 minutes now, and I might have to consider doing something useful instead.

Thank you again for running it!

fearofmusic

Quote from: Zetetic on April 19, 2011, 02:58:39 PM
I thought I'd use this thread to whine petulantly request politely that fearofmusic update the server whenever he's able to (you know, when life, work, family, friends and so forth don't interfere). It's been a good 10 minutes now, and I might have to consider doing something useful instead.

Thank you again for running it!

The server should now been updated and back up. My bearings are currently hopelessly lost underground so haven't had had an opportunity to see the no doubt impressive weather effects they've put in.

I hope you haven't forced to be productive for too long!

Zetetic

That was terrifyingly quick of you!