Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:27:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Minecraft

Started by MALCOLM, September 21, 2010, 08:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
OK, backing up from the moment the server died now. Thanks for a fun couple of months guys.

Big Jack McBastard

Twas a pleasure sirrah.

I'll try and get the Enderdragon vid to acceptable quantities asap but it's gonna take some further blind testing of formats.

Why is video editing and rendering still such a dark age technology? I don't understand why I can preview an edited video in HD while making it but then rendering it as one file takes forever and usually ends up either too large or too shitty quality while trying to make it not large. Why isn't there just a button that says "make a file exactly the same as what you're having no problem showing me right now"?

Big Jack McBastard

So many fiddly little options that either have no noticeable effects or massive result shafting ones.

Neomod

Drifted back on for a single player game. Have skeletons always been able to open doors?

Big Jack McBastard

I think they've been able to activate the pressure plates controlling doors for a while, not sure about just plain opening the buggers and striding in though.

KLG-7A

Quote from: The Region Legion on September 07, 2012, 02:38:11 AM
Why is video editing and rendering still such a dark age technology? I don't understand why I can preview an edited video in HD while making it but then rendering it as one file takes forever and usually ends up either too large or too shitty quality while trying to make it not large. Why isn't there just a button that says "make a file exactly the same as what you're having no problem showing me right now"?
Because encoding a video file means tessellating it into lots of little squares and moving them around over time in a way that approximates the actual video (hideously simplified explanation). It's difficult. Playback is just playback.

If you didn't encode the output and just spliced the source data into a new file that would happen faster than playback.

Neomod

Has anyone returned to Minecraft recently? There's been an update with the addition of witches, bats, new sounds and other stuff.

http://youtu.be/t0A3Mkzh4kU

Hangthebuggers

Heya

I have one slot left open on a 4 slot server. I already have another CAB member on there, so i'm looking for one more person to fill it up.

I'll get back to this thread tomorrow, reply if you're interested.

Big Jack McBastard

Hey up people there's more slots open now, we could do with another couple of stoned wastrels with nigh on infinite time on their hands, I'm already in and as you should know I am sexual chocolate.

Give HTB a PMing to join in!

Hangthebuggers

Yup, PM myself or Big Jack - We have 3 slots open on an 8 slot server.

Norton Canes

Quick Minecraft question for you all... my son has been avidly playing a cracked version that I installed a few months ago, and is now plaguing me to download some 'updates'. By this I gather he means add-ons/enhancements/mods/whatever they are called, rather than a version update - though when pressed, he's not sure exactly what he's after, which makes looking for it even more difficult.

Where do I go to find 'cool extras' for Minecraft? And are they likely to work on our cracked version (which doesn't do multi-player), or should I splurge £17 on the full official game?

Replies From View

Quote from: Norton Canes on April 03, 2013, 03:34:39 PM
Quick Minecraft question for you all... my son has been avidly playing a cracked version that I installed a few months ago, and is now plaguing me to download some 'updates'. By this I gather he means add-ons/enhancements/mods/whatever they are called, rather than a version update - though when pressed, he's not sure exactly what he's after, which makes looking for it even more difficult.

Just turn off the thing that advertises updates to you[nb]I don't even know if this is possible.[/nb], and tell him you've updated loads of things.  He won't know!

Norton Canes

He will! He wants to see tons of cool new stuff! I don't know... giant tomato monsters, combine harvesters, a bucket that turns lava into jelly, flying cake...

Anything

Replies From View

Tell him those cool things are already there!  Tell him he already has the most upgraded version of Minecraft!  Even hand him a forged receipt proving what you have bought!  Use your initiative, man!

mook

it's only a few quid, buy the full version and it will keep the little bugger quiet for months.