Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:10:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hideously Unpleasant Movie Scenes

Started by Recurring Villain, September 23, 2010, 03:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
28 Weeks Later just has so much to choose from and I still haven't been able to bring myself to watch it again. Standout moments are -

Robert Carlisle becoming infected and thumbing his wife's eyes in.

The Military calling Code Red and shooting everyone, both innocent and infected.

The first scene where the elderly couple become infected.

In fact, pretty much all of it is horrible, and lacks the humour and optimism that 'Days' struck the balance so well with.

ffogems

Quote from: Marty McFly on October 22, 2010, 08:05:06 PM
Watched this film the other day for the first time in nearly 20 years. Just as heartbreaking as I remembered it :'( In the original book, Artax can talk and tells Atreyu he's just too sad to free himself..

It all works out fine at the end though, you see Atreyu riding Artax across a big field

Is the book any good? I bought an old second hand copy a couple of months ago, and the back cover sports the sweetly optimistic line - 'Soon to be a wonderful film'. I've not read it yet though.

I hear Michael Ende disliked the film as it only covered half the book?

Marty McFly

Quote from: ffogems on October 22, 2010, 11:01:24 PM
Is the book any good? I bought an old second hand copy a couple of months ago, and the back cover sports the sweetly optimistic line - 'Soon to be a wonderful film'. I've not read it yet though.

I hear Michael Ende disliked the film as it only covered half the book?

Yeah, the first film covers the first half of the book, and the second film takes the general idea from the second half (Bastian can wish for anything he wants but wishes are his real world memories, and they eventually run out) but rearranges a different story around it. I must admit the book wasn't quite what I was expecting and the second half was a bit of a let-down, but it was a good read (and at 400-odd pages, hardly a 'children's' book).

alan nagsworth

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on October 21, 2010, 10:10:46 PM
The scene in Platoon where Bunny smashes that boy's head to pieces with his rifle is still pretty shocking, Barnes shooting the hysterical woman shortly afterwards is too.

On a similar note, in Pan's Labyrinth when what'shisface smashes that guy's head in with the bottle. Jesus. Can't remember his name right now as I am all achey and shitted.

lipsink

Quote from: ffogems on October 22, 2010, 07:48:20 PM
Artrax sinking into the Swamp of Sadness in Never Ending Story.

We watched at the end of term in primary school and that scene fucking terrified me. I was thinking about it for days afterwards and the image of a beautiful animal being devoured by a swamp particularly disturbed me. I think I missed out on the metaphor, consciously anyway.

uncle_rico

Quote from: Pepotamo1985 on October 04, 2010, 11:47:29 PM
http://www.efukt.com/385_Poop:_It's_What's_For_Dinner.html

That makes me want to shoot myself in the fucking face.

I bet Gerard Butler and Cybil Shepard would rather that tape wasn't made public.

lipsink

The
Spoiler alert
fly eating shit
[close]
from 'Meet the Feebles' made me not want to eat much afterwards.

BlodwynPig

Has this been mentioned at all, will consider purchasing it - how hideous can Octopii be (even Cthulhu is only horrific in terms of his size not his features)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/markkermode/2010/10/possession_is_nine_tenths_of_t.html

Moribunderast

The War Zone - The young brother looking in as Ray Winstone enacts his awfulness. I love that film but I can still barely watch that scene.

As mentioned earlier, the last 30 minutes of Lilya 4 Ever. A kind of terror that the Saw and Hostel franchises wish they could capture. It's torture without the gore. Just petrifying.

And lastly Disco Pigs. The scene where Cillian Murphy flies into a jealous rage and pummels a man with a glass ashtray, Christ, it's brutal.

Junglist

The entire sequence in Gaspar Noé's Seul contre tous from 1:09.xx to 1:18.xx

I won't go into further detail, its worth the watch.