Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:25:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hideously Unpleasant Movie Scenes

Started by Recurring Villain, September 23, 2010, 03:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Turtle scene in Cannibal Holocaust.

Actually, most of Cannibal Holocaust, but that turtle is the worst bit for me.

JPA

Another one that springs to mind for me is the cow getting chopped to fuckery in Apocalypse Now. Not nice.

Wet Blanket

The coke bottle to the girl's face in The Long Goodbye shocked me. It's so unexpected and brutal in a film that is otherwise pretty comic.

I also thought the strangulation at the beginning of No Country for Old Men was borderline unwatchable, particularly when the chap's neck starts spurting blood. In fact, neck wounds in films never cease to make me feel sick; other offenders turn up in The Man Who Wasn't there and The Long Good Friday.

NoSleep

Quote from: Mister Six on September 23, 2010, 09:14:49 PM
I found the head-in-a-vice bit harder to watch.
Quote from: Serge on September 24, 2010, 12:21:19 AM
I have to go along with this over the vice scene - although I seem to remember reading that the vice scene was hacked to pieces by censors. But the baseball bat scene is one of the very few times I've actually sat in a cinema thinking, "I wish this would stop." - it seems to go on forever. And then
Spoiler alert
they get buried alive!
[close]
- EEGAH!

I think what makes the baseball scene stick in the mind is that the whole rhythm of the film, notably Joe Pesci's off-screen commentary, comes to an end[nb] At least for the duration of the scene.[/nb] the moment he is captured and abducted; it's no longer a tale from the past via recollections.

chocky909

I would like to nominate the last scenes of Dancer In The Dark. If you can get over the fact it's Bjork, it's incredibly moving. I suppose a lot of death sentence scenes are powerful but, as a connoisseur, this one stands our as one of the most affecting. I cried. I won't link to it but it is on YouTube and it doesn't really work unless you've watched the whole film, especially the singing and references to her son. I do recommend the film highly.

And that gun butt nose smashing scene in Pan's Labyrinth of course.

Serge

Oh fuck, I just remembered another one -
Spoiler alert
The pig with a man's head
[close]
in 'O Lucky Man!'

"How much are they paying you?"

Ginyard

I remember the male rape scene in Deliverance put me right off a sunday ramble in Epping forest.

Brundle-Fly

Steering away from 18 films, I've always felt the scarab scenes that top and tail The Mummy (1999) were quite ghastly. Somewhat like the soldier ants in Indiana Jones And The Crystal Gayle.

alan nagsworth

I watched 'Exte' the other night, and while it was largely (deliberately) ludicrous and pointless, the scenes with hair bristling out of open wounds and eyeballs were pretty toe-curling (with reference to the above mention of under-the-skin crawlies in 'The Mummy').

Oh, and whilst trying to mention 'Scum' without mentioning the greenhouse rape scene (oh.. whoops) I'd like to say that the scene where the bespectacled chap suddenly leaps up from being dead silent, and slashes the living daylights out of his wrists, is really rather unpleasant.

jutl

Oh that reminds me... the Vienna Actionist dinner in Sweet Movie.

Cambrian Times

I remember seeing "Andy Warhol's BAD" at Little Stabs at Happiness about 10 years ago and being quite shocked at the bit where
Spoiler alert
a woman throws her baby out of a window, which then splatters over a pedestrian
[close]
. Also in the same film, one of the girls
Spoiler alert
pushes a severed finger into a bottle of tomato ketchup
[close]

I'm not going to say the final scene in Audition because, let's face it, that scene makes the film everything that it is. No other movie has came close to making me feel the way I felt when that film ended. My head was spun and I had a massive rush of emotions that weren't all healthy.

kidsick5000

Quote from: Ginyard on September 24, 2010, 11:59:11 PM
I remember the male rape scene in Deliverance put me right off a sunday ramble in Epping forest.

Thats is one of those scenes from the 70s where you here nothing but jokes about it, same for pea soup vomit from The Exorcist and the butter scene from Last Tango in Paris*, that when you actually see it in context its shocking just how brutal and disturbing it is.

*Only seen Last Tango once over a decade ago, but that scene looked like a rape scene to me at the time.

Brundle-Fly

Recent Thai horror 13: Game Of Death has a stomach churning scene in a restaurant that tops the stomach churning scene in a restaurant in Old Boy.

Audition seconded.

kidsick5000

Just to add that just the thought of Human Centipede is enough to make me feel sick

El Unicornio, mang

Mentioned it in another thread, but the end of Martyrs where the main character, after about half an hour of brutal beatings,
Spoiler alert
is wheeled out with all her skin removed apart from her face, is about the most disturbing I've seen
[close]
, and this is coming from someone who has watched quite a few real-life death videos.

Also, the "Head on a stick" bit in Wolf Creek.

Serge

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on September 25, 2010, 10:20:39 PMAlso, the "Head on a stick" bit in Wolf Creek.

Fucking hell, yes. That's the bit that stayed in my mind afterwards. And I agree with kidsick5000 about Human Centipede.

There's a scene in John Boorman's 'The General' where one of Martin Cahill's men is suspected of being a grass[nb]I think - it's a few years since I've seen it. Cahill certainly wants to make him confess to something, anyway.[/nb], and to get the truth out of him, Cahill nails him to a snooker table. You don't see the actual nailing, if I remember correctly, but you do hear him screaming his head off, and I remember being surprised that this scene made it into a '15' film.

Catalogue Trousers

Quotewhen you actually see it in context its shocking just how brutal and disturbing it is

True, kidsick, true, although an acquaintance of mine defused it somewhat for me for good by suggesting that I imagine the preceding scene of Beatty crashing through the woods pursued by rednecks accompanied by Yakety Sax. The mood-destroying bastard.

Bingo Fury

Just watched "The Killer Inside Me", and the
Spoiler alert
attack on Jessica Alba
[close]
is one of the most brutal things I've seen for a while. Was informed just before the DVD went on that the film's violence had stirred controversy, and clocked the 18 certificate on the box, but a lot of people who didn't know what was coming must have been very disturbed by it.

Still, lots of naked buttocks being slapped as a treat for those who made it past that scene.

In Dead Man's Shoes when the girl is forced to have sex with Anthony and he cums inside her.

What a guilty wank that was.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: kidsick5000 on September 25, 2010, 08:42:56 PM
Just to add that just the thought of Human Centipede is enough to make me feel sick

Another way of looking at it is, "guess I don't need to watch this crap film because I already know the reaction it's going to provoke." Job done!

Personally with regards to 'Audition', I thought the torture scene was pretty timid in comparison to when she pukes in a dog bowl and makes the bloke in the sack with no fingers or tongue drink it.

Saucer51

Quote from: Recurring Villain on September 23, 2010, 03:49:15 PM
I couldn't think of a more suitable thread topic or forum to post this in, but I just had to share it. It's a scene from a cult B-Movie 'The Toxic Avenger'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG2jhq_-EoY

Isn't that just an absolutely horrendous thing to screen? There's no point to it, there's no way people are like that and it's just thoroughly abominable in every conceivable way. And guess what - This is a thread for you to post scenes from movies that make you go "oh Christ alive that's terrible".

That was truly revolting. I hate censorship but I hate disgusting, distressing garbage like this far more. How appalling it could ever be seen as entertainment.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Recurring Villain on September 23, 2010, 03:49:15 PM
there's no way people are like that

The scene is repugnant, but I don't understand the above statement. Regardless of how outlandish it is, it's a work of fiction just the same.

Jemble Fred

I do remember expressing similar sentiments to that when I saw Divine pick up dog shit and eat it (in a movie, this was), when I was about 13 or so. I actually got really angry about it, for some reason, and I've never gone near John Waters' stuff since. Which may well be my loss, but for some reason that really seeded a deep-set dislike. A fat tranny scoffing a dog-todd is quite mild in comparison to half of the things nominated in this thread.

SavageHedgehog

Maybe, but hasn't the dog turd scene in Pink Flamingos actually never been "officially" released in the UK? I'm pretty sure the bbfc have always thought it needed cutting.

Jemble Fred

Ah, well maybe it wasn't in a film then. I'll ask my Mum if Divine visited circa 1991, but if he/she did, I bet she'll have blanked it.

SavageHedgehog

It's possible it's been seen on TV, and according to censorship obsessives at melonfarmers.co.uk the pre-cert video was uncut, but apparently since then it's been "cut down to a series of still images". Because in still form it's both tasteful and impossible to imitate.

Jemble Fred

My older brother probably got some dodgy version off one of his dodgy mates. Is it the opening scene of the film? I have vague memories of putting it on, seeing the faeces nibble in question, and switching off and running away making puking noises quite quickly.

BlodwynPig

Definitely the fire extinguisher scene in Irreversible. Cue mass exit from the cinema....the remaining audience left after the rape scene

I found Audition to be more a mood piece. Don't remember any dog bowl scene??