Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:50:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hideously Unpleasant Movie Scenes

Started by Recurring Villain, September 23, 2010, 03:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SavageHedgehog

Quote from: Jemble Fred on September 26, 2010, 10:38:04 AM
My older brother probably got some dodgy version off one of his dodgy mates. Is it the opening scene of the film? I have vague memories of putting it on, seeing the faeces nibble in question, and switching off and running away making puking noises quite quickly.

It's the grand finale. But it's also the only thing the film is really famous for, so it wouldn't surprise me if he'd gone straight there using one of those tape forwarding button things that used to be so big back then.

Paaaaul

Quote from: SavageHedgehog on September 26, 2010, 10:25:13 AM
Maybe, but hasn't the dog turd scene in Pink Flamingos actually never been "officially" released in the UK? I'm pretty sure the bbfc have always thought it needed cutting.

I bought the UK release on VHS in Our Price, and it had the scene in full on it.

Epic Bisto

Yeah, that scene is intact on the video, but other parts have been snipped.

Although I've had the uncut DVD for ages, a friend organised a John Waters evening at The Cube in Bristol, finishing it off with the uncut 'Pink Flamingos'. There were quite a few walk-outs but it was really fun to finally watch it with an audience.

I had to watch Irreversible for the Bangalter soundtrack, found the fire extinguisher part much worse than the rape, which was a little cynical.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 26, 2010, 10:50:18 AM
I found Audition to be more a mood piece. Don't remember any dog bowl scene??

Here you are, friend!

The Disturbing Scene from Audition

Be warned: This shit is seriously unpleasant.

NoSleep

Quote from: Saucer51 on September 26, 2010, 08:45:08 AM
That was truly revolting. I hate censorship but I hate disgusting, distressing garbage like this far more. How appalling it could ever be seen as entertainment.

I've already explained the reasoning for the scene here;

http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,25454.msg1344937.html#msg1344937

Just a homage to another film in an OTT horror/comedy.

SavageHedgehog

Quote from: Paaaaul on September 26, 2010, 11:04:06 AM
I bought the UK release on VHS in Our Price, and it had the scene in full on it.

Quote from: Epic Bisto on September 26, 2010, 11:08:06 AM
Yeah, that scene is intact on the video, but other parts have been snipped.

My apologies then for trying to pass off my second-hand misinformation for expertise in the field of dog fecee consumption scenes

brand_new_modems

Irreversible fire extinguisher

the strange mixture of euphoria/confusion on the victims face following the first blow, the way the dude w/extinguisher pauses, then mechanically carries on, with the skull just coming apart like a chocolate orange

the sudden awareness of my own consciousness consisting in the higher order functions of a tenuous physical constitution

the rape scene wasn't quite as profoundly disturbing, except for the violence afterward.

the intentional animalistic cruelty makes me sad :(

BlodwynPig

Yes, most films would edit and cut away during the fire extinguisher scene, this just seemed to linger, blow by blow until all that was left was pulp...and the audience also reduced to pulp

thanks for the link Nagsworth...I remember it now, but I have only seen the film in low def, so thats the reason for not remembering

Custard

The Australian Bad Boy Bubby has its moments. Watch out though, as I'm about to get well spoilery, if its a film you're waiting to watch. Though I can't imagine you would be, as its pretty much fallen off the face of the earth.

Suffocating cats in clingfilm, the central character (a mentally-unwell hermit who's never left his house through fear of death) being shagged of an evening by his fat, sweaty mum (who has lied to him all his life about the real world. Whenever she steps outside, she straps on a gas-mask), his long-lost twatty dad returning and beating Bubby up (between bouts of giving his mum's fat tits a squeeze).

Once he kills them both (with clingfilm, naturally), and finally leaves the house, things pick up remarkably. He even joins a rock band and has a few non-incestual shags. Hurrah!

I have a dusty old VHS of it, as the DVD for some reason is always going for stupid prices.

EDIT - I take that back, its now going for 8 squid on Amazon, new. Used to be over 20, last time I checked.

I quite liked the fire extinguisher scene in Irreversible! I hunted it down on youtube (graphic violence and torture yes, slightest hint of cock'n'vag no says YouTube), and watched. I'm not saying I liked it to be shocking nor do I get off on violence but the lighting, framing of the shot and above-all the disorientating music made it seem actually rather lovely its just a shame that by the end of it some poor guy's head is half-off.

The thing from Toxic Avenger I thought was laughable too. Watch any of the Death Wish sequels or indeed any vigilante hero film from the 1980's and you'll come across mindless gang murderings just as bad. (Well, ok, maybe without the head splattering).

SavageHedgehog

Is it wrong that I found the "church" punchline to that scene really funny?

alan nagsworth

I remember back in the day when people were disgusted at the start of 'Dawn Of The Dead' where that dude's head gets blown off with no mercy. It's only a quick split-second hanfdul of frames as well. I remember those days.

Actually I don't.

Custard

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Jemble Fred on September 26, 2010, 10:38:04 AM
My older brother probably got some dodgy version off one of his dodgy mates. Is it the opening scene of the film? I have vague memories of putting it on, seeing the faeces nibble in question, and switching off and running away making puking noises quite quickly.

It's the last scene.

katzenjammer

I'm pretty sure I became aware of this clip on this forum, so it's only fair I pass it on and ruin someone else's day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvbWKf9YLZ8&NR=1

Cerys

I found the staircase scene between Viggo Mortensen and Maria Bello in A History of Violence unpleasant.

alan nagsworth

That 'Zombi' (Zombie Flesh Eaters) scene is awesome. In fact, the whole film's awesome. Even the Tarantino-approved zombie vs. shark scene is awesome. The soundtrack, the lighting in certain scenes, the grim feel to the whole thing is just so unpleasant and disarming. The very closing scene, over which the credits eventually roll, is particularly freakish.

El Unicornio, mang

Watched Once Were Warriors last night. There were quite a few unpleasant scenes but the
Spoiler alert
wife beating scene
[close]
and the bit where
Spoiler alert
the daughter hangs herself
[close]
stand out

Custard

Aye, that film is pretty hard-going all round, really.

The stand-out probably being
Spoiler alert
Uncle Rapey with fella's young daughter
[close]
. The fall-out is great, mind.

paint

Fruit Chan's Dumpling (the version from The Three Extremes, I havn't seen the feature) almost consists entirely of hideously unpleasant scenes.  Strangely enough, it is not the
Spoiler alert
chopping up of a foetus, or it being subsequently eaten, or even when the woman aborts herself
[close]
, the most unpleasant scene I found was when
Spoiler alert
a young schoolgirl has just had an abortion and bleeds out on the bus, and a schoolboy sits in the seat after she has got off, and when he stands the back of his pants are covered in blood
[close]
.  EWW.

NoSleep

That Zombi scene is very similar to the invoice-spike one I described from Intruder, excepting you don't see the (unrealistic) impalement (her eyelid remains open throughout? Come on!); instead you get to meet
Spoiler alert
the brain-damaged recipient of the spike-through-the-eye-and-beyond
[close]
later in the movie.

thugler

Love that film, I thought it was great. The shocking stuff seems over the top but it just works.

Quote from: Shameless on September 26, 2010, 02:58:28 PM
The Australian Bad Boy Bubby has its moments. Watch out though, as I'm about to get well spoilery, if its a film you're waiting to watch. Though I can't imagine you would be, as its pretty much fallen off the face of the earth.

Suffocating cats in clingfilm, the central character (a mentally-unwell hermit who's never left his house through fear of death) being shagged of an evening by his fat, sweaty mum (who has lied to him all his life about the real world. Whenever she steps outside, she straps on a gas-mask), his long-lost twatty dad returning and beating Bubby up (between bouts of giving his mum's fat tits a squeeze).

Once he kills them both (with clingfilm, naturally), and finally leaves the house, things pick up remarkably. He even joins a rock band and has a few non-incestual shags. Hurrah!

I have a dusty old VHS of it, as the DVD for some reason is always going for stupid prices.

EDIT - I take that back, its now going for 8 squid on Amazon, new. Used to be over 20, last time I checked.

Cohaagen

Bad Boy Bubby is a fantastic film - one part of end scene alone, with Bubby performing live on stage with "The Clingwrap Killers" (also in costume), makes the movie worth watching. I didn't find any of the incest too troubling afterward given the overall (sort of uplifting, actually) emotional jolt of the film, but there is a brief yet horribly realistic childbirth scene that makes me ralph slightly every time I it catches me out. Incidentally, "you're a fuckin' weird lookin' rooster, aren't ya'?" is a choice line to use in real life, too.

Obvious, but any scene with Jeff Goldblum's vestigial teeth, fingernails, ears, cock, etc. from The Fly is hard to handle. And any film which involves a character using a hammer as a weapon turns my stomach.

Custard

Heh, me and a mate were just talking today about the awfully disturbing hammer scene in Texas Chainsaw Massacre,
Spoiler alert
with the old fella constantly trying (and failing) to twat blondie in the cranium with it, as his family cheer him on.
[close]
To be honest, I actually think that's my most disturbing and unpleasant scene, in any film. It's goes on for ages, and it's horrid.

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: Shameless on October 02, 2010, 12:07:50 AM
Heh, me and a mate were just talking today about the awfully disturbing hammer scene in Texas Chainsaw Massacre,
Spoiler alert
with the old fella constantly trying (and failing) to twat blondie in the cranium with it, as his family cheer him on.
[close]
To be honest, I actually think that's my most disturbing and unpleasant scene, in any film. It's goes on for ages, and it's horrid.

I thought it was awful for different reasons. I've never understood why TCM is held up as such a masterpiece. It looks like a live-action Tom & Jerry cartoon, and that scene started out being mildly amusing, then just became tedious.

NoSleep

...Unless you engage with the horror of the situation the girl is in. It isn't tedious, it's gruelling.