Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:34:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Intrusive Product Placement in Films

Started by JPA, September 24, 2010, 12:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Quote from: Jemble Fred on October 01, 2010, 02:07:08 PM
Nah, his great big nose made for such a massive target there were some great little challenges in there.

It ain't easy bein' cheesy.

SavageHedgehog

The Mega-Drive Cool Spot game was ace, and also had the more overt 7-Up references cut out, as I believe old Cool wasn't as synonymous with the drink in the UK as he was in the US. I think that lanky git Fido Dido was the premier mascott here at the time.

Jemble Fred

madhair60

Which was, actually, mince.

I used to love Cool Spot on Master System.  I think I finished it on hard.  You get some sort of contest code for doing it, but it was way expired by the time I managed it.

Phil_A

There were also two games based around Quavers mascot Colin Curly, "Pushover" and "One Step Beyond":

Jemble Fred

And how could we forget the Daddy of them all..

gmoney

That Global Gladiators game I didn't even realise wasn't called The McDonalds Game. That's what was handwritten on my floppy.

Ality Atwo

Quote from: SavageHedgehog on September 30, 2010, 06:46:37 PM
It was a glass bottle too, so it would have actually been pretty hard for audience memebers to go out and buy it. Cosby was appearing in Coke adverts (including New Coke's launch) at the time.

Eh? I'm pretty sure it was harder to buy Coke in plastic bottles than glass bottles in 1986. I remember buying Coke in glass in 1992. Is that what you meant?

SavageHedgehog

I'm no expert on it so I'm probably well off on this, I just remember reading one review that said "I'd like to know where he buys them in glass bottles".