Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:52:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Apprentice (Series 6)

Started by Ja'moke, September 28, 2010, 04:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Dara O Briain on You're Fired??? Will this make me pine for Adrian Chiles?

Tokyo Sexwhale

Dara looked like Wilfrid out of The Bash Street Kids in those end credits.

(He also looks likes Grimly Feendish)...

Blue Jam

Raleigh Addington has joined Twitter and is searching for his own name. I know because he just sent a reply to one of my tweets.

Ooof, violation of Godwin's Law from the You're Fired producers. What will the gift be? A Hitler bobblehead?

mini goatbix

The fired one Dan looked like Tim Vine with all the likeableness drawn out and some sausage meat squeezed in. i liked most of the women, except for Melissa  who kept making bolshy statements and then slinking away when any kind of responsibility came up and she needs to lose the ice cream hairdo. Stuart was so petulant and brattish in the boardroom that it started to look like his features were being sucked into his face in an effort not to stamp his foot and storm out crying.

I'm sure that a lot of them fake the arrogant comments in order to get on the telly more, Chris Bates for example, he has to be pretending, how else would he have survived this long? He probably spent that evening on the phone to his gran and spends his spare time making balloon animals to send to street kids in India.

It was entertaining, but I've forgotten how stressful it looks, all that shouting and machismo, if I was there I think I'd just have slunk off to make sausages on my own, slurping on the cider and shaking occasionally.

I always laugh at those fake sad cafes that the losing teams are sent to sit it to start blaming each other. So unrealisiticly drab and grey, with no pictures or anything on the walls. It's owner should probably watch the Apprentice, pick up a few tips on how to make his eatery seem a bit less like a suicide hotspot.

mycroft

It's a real cafe, it sits on the Essex industrial estate that You Rang M'lord Sugar's HQ is situated in. There was an article a while back (in the Grauniad, I think) about how it had become a bit of a pilgrimage spot for fans.

ozziechef

The cafe has changed this series though - it wasn't the usual Bridge Cafe this time.

Steven

Baggsy's blustering shite made me crease up. "Most people aspire to have a flash sportscar, maybe a house in the country.. I've got all that already, where's my glass ceiling? I DON'T HAVE ONE!"

My mind is blown.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Steven on October 07, 2010, 11:20:19 AM
Baggsy's blustering shite made me crease up. "Most people aspire to have a flash sportscar, maybe a house in the country.. I've got all that already, where's my glass ceiling? I DON'T HAVE ONE!"

My mind is blown.

At this point I thought, "Yes, and you live on the ISLE OF MAN." I also shouted it to my wife, who was next to me at the time.

thugler

At least two of the women in this are only in it because they're attractive! It's ridiculous. They are replacing the type of people from the first series with big brother types.

vrailaine

How was that guy worth £2.5million at one point? Property?

imitationleather

From that episode, the show has completely jumped the shark. The playing up to the cameras was ridiculous and everyone was so white and bland. As has been said, that dick going on about how he was the best whatever in the world was clearly just joking to get more airtime. Urgh, it was so horrendously obvious.

What exactly do the three Apprentices we never hear about do anyway? I know Tim and Michelle have left, but there's never any word whatsoever of the others.

I'm still going to watch every fucking episode though, of course.

Chutney

Quote from: mini goatbix on October 06, 2010, 10:33:49 PM
The fired one Dan looked like Tim Vine with all the likeableness drawn out and some sausage meat squeezed in.

Nah, Ned Schneebly

Artemis

Just watched this last night - how was it that the f-words were bleeped but sequences of ladies suggestively waving around big meaty sausages" were left in?

Anyway, Stuart is probably the biggest dick since the last biggest dick they had on the show and I hope he stays in to annoy everyone.

katzenjammer

I loved the panicky schoolboy-in-front-of-the-headmaster rant by the one that looks like a schoolboy, culminating in a shakey shout of 'IT WAS SHAMEFUL!' whilst wagging his finger.

I think it's time we all watched this again

That Mitchell and Webb Look - Apprentice

Artemis

I'm always quite amazed that some of these self-declared 'supremely intelligent' youngsters consider themselves so smart but seem oblivious to the fact that they are wasting the only time they will ever be young trying to achieve a status. When you look at it in terms of getting the most out of life, the whole thing is really quite bleak. For example, when The Brand said he's "not where most 21 year olds are", I thought 'no, most of them are just Being Young, dating, drinking, making mistakes and trying to have a good time. You're looking in the mirror, calling yourself a tiger and counting your money'. That's not what being 21 is about, is it? I found myself feeling quite sorry for him, actually.

turnstyle

Quote from: Artemis on October 08, 2010, 09:47:16 AM
I'm always quite amazed that some of these self-declared 'supremely intelligent' youngsters consider themselves so smart but seem oblivious to the fact that they are wasting the only time they will ever be young trying to achieve a status. When you look at it in terms of getting the most out of life, the whole thing is really quite bleak. For example, when The Brand said he's "not where most 21 year olds are", I thought 'no, most of them are just Being Young, dating, drinking, making mistakes and trying to have a good time. You're looking in the mirror, calling yourself a tiger and counting your money'. That's not what being 21 is about, is it? I found myself feeling quite sorry for him, actually.

In addition, he has a fucking stupid face.

Quote from: mycroft on October 07, 2010, 07:38:54 AM
It's a real cafe, it sits on the Essex industrial estate that You Rang M'lord Sugar's HQ is situated in. There was an article a while back (in the Grauniad, I think) about how it had become a bit of a pilgrimage spot for fans.

A real cafe? The owner should try to make his eatery seem a bit less like a suicide hotspot. I can't see anyone wanting to have their wedding reception there.

Spoiler alert
Though you could have a divorce reception in it. Rake over what went wrong and blame each other and everyone else.
[close]

Saucer51

Dan stood out as being truly awful on episode one, although maybe the producers/editors wanted us to think that. Well, they certainly got a lot of good shots of him being unbelievably bossy and egotistical. I love the nice touch of AS reprimanding him for sitting back with his legs crossed. But to be honest, does AS really insist on his candidates to sit in the rapt and begging posture?

It was also a nice twisty touch to omit having any stupid remarks made by Dan shown at the opening credits. This way he was under the radar and his later behaviour was a surprise.

Did anyone else notice that the opening scenes at the London market played the same music as the opening scenes of the London market in Hitchcock's Frenzy?

Lt Plonker

I thought Dan looked like a crap Bruce Willis.

Viero_Berlotti

Quote from: Saucer51 on October 09, 2010, 07:11:05 AM
Dan stood out as being truly awful on episode one, although maybe the producers/editors wanted us to think that.

...and there lies the true beauty and skill of The Apprentice, it's all in the editing. The task gets recorded, played out, and the result called. Then the real work begins. The editors have to 'reverse engineer' a narrative from the raw footage to reflect the result. Obviously the truth is either discarded or exaggerated in this process, but it is done so to conform to the viewers expectations and prejudice. It bears many similarities to the theatre of wrestling, if Barthes was still alive he would have loved it.

Ginyard

That was a pretty dull episode.

I read the other day that Sugar refused to do it unless the prodcuers showed his compassionate side. thatll be interesting to see.

small_world

Quote from: Ginyard on October 10, 2010, 01:41:06 AM
I read the other day that Sugar refused to do it unless the prodcuers showed his compassionate side. thatll be interesting to see.

Surely they covered that enough wih Jnr Apprentice?

Serge

I'm so glad this is back. [nb]And so glad it's repeated on a Sunday, as my chances of seeing it in the week are slim.[/nb] Can't add much of worth to the comments above, except that for some reason during the boardroom sequences, Stuart started to remind me of Tyrone in 'Coronation Street' and I started to worry that he was out of his depth and needed Molly.

Although it does miss having Margaret, it's almost worth watching for Nick's continual looks of horror alone. And I could murder a sausage sandwich right now.

MissInformed

Spoiler alert
Raleigh Addington, the ridiculously well-spoken but pretty anonymous-so-far toff candidate in The Apprentice, quit the show as soon as he heard that his brother had been seriously injured in Afghanistan - before the task in tonight's second episode had even begun.
[close]

mycroft

Pah, the Rugby Team could have got her a better bikini than that.

"Don't look at me, Nick!"

George Oscar Bluth II

The girl's product this week is the biggest heap of shite I think they've ever had on this show.

Subtle Mocking

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on October 13, 2010, 09:28:19 PM
The girl's product this week is the biggest heap of shite I think they've ever had on this show.

What about the cardboard camping equipment from Junior Apprentice?

mycroft

Or the portable gym thing from last year that looked like a hollowed out telly?