Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:56:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The American

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, October 03, 2010, 02:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Coming soon, this film is one of Clooney's pet projects (remember his 'oh i only do these hollywood films to do the films I really want to make' thing? this is one of the films he really wanted to make). Now a resident in Italy it's shot in the Abruzzo region and the story is about an assassin and his actually rather sad attempts to cling on to some semblance of normality, and give himself something to live for.

It's not out over here yet, but I saw it early in the week and will certainly give this film a heads-up.

Pretentious reason for liking it: It has a pussy in.
Adolescent reason for liking it: It's full of misty, alluring hill town shots.

I would say it had some interesting influences. And without being a great film (it certainly is not a great film), it is a captivating one that keeps you thinking about it for a while afterwards.

I just saw this. I liked it, but wasn't so keen on the ending.

The tension was really ratched up throughout, and I could have done with a little respite (well, ok, there was that one particular scene...). But I guess you are supposed to become paranoid like Clooney.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Yes, the best thing about it was the paranoia. I like films like this, where the scenery and the landscape acts as the terrain of the main character's subconscious.

It's interesting how by the end you realise that the very first scene was probably just another example of him deluding himself into thinking he could escape.

One thing I've just remembered is how much the mob boss in this film looks and sounds like Daniel Craig.