Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:19:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

::::: Big Brother 5 :::::

Started by mr rou-rou, May 16, 2004, 02:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morrisfan82

Rich man beggar man poor man thief

Purple Tentacle

This lunchtime I bumped baskets with Mark Owen in Tesco's.

I was so wacky with what I said to him:

"Oh sorry mate".

The life I lead.

mwude

Channel 4 sometimes puts good programmes on at night.  Big Brother has a tendancy to stop this happening.  I wish it would move to ITV because then I wouldn't notice the fact it was on.  The arrival on Big Brother also will probably co-incide with a resurgence of Graham Norton.

In my pompous middle-class utopia everyone would have to read "1984" before being allowed to watch Big Brother.  And even then they'd only be allowed to watch if they regarded it as an interesting sociological experiment, rather than an excuse to constantly slag off and gossip about a group of talentless non-entities.

mr rou-rou

Quote from: "Muteki"

I like that :)

I always enjoy the opening nights program and try to guess the winner, 2 out of 4 correct so far with Bryan and Cameron.

oh well, soon be time for Euro 2004.

Shame we lost the first big brother thread when the boards crashed, there was some good reading in there interspersed with some quality mongs.

mr rou-rou

QuoteBig Brother's little house is 'evil'

The new Big Brother house has been unveiled - and it's the smallest ever.

The 12 inmates will find their new home has been shrunk into a claustrophobic and ugly space when they arrive on Friday.

The first pictures of the house show the walls have been painted a lurid green to make the atmosphere even more intense than previous years.

The stylish interiors of the past have been replaced with a beige carpet, stark lighting, and ugly decorations.

Designer Markus Blee, also behind Gordon Ramsay's newest restaurant for ITV1 reality show Hell's Kitchen, has been told to create "evil" for the inmates.

The walls have been painted with what looks like a series of bad sixth form art projects. Dozens of casts of green hands are fixed to one wall, while another wall conjures up images of an unpleasant alien planet.

The space is so small that designers had to create a table which can be folded up and pushed away.

After last year's flop, this year's Big Brother will feature a series of stunts to make contestants' lives as tough as possible.

Producers want big rows between the group - and hope this will happen with the group living on top of each other during the ten week Channel 4 show.

It's also thought this year's contestants include two couples, a witch, a male stripper and even a former prostitute, in the hope of lifting ratings.

Marcus Or Relius

Quote from: "mwude"In my pompous middle-class utopia everyone would have to read "1984" before being allowed to watch Big Brother.

A couple of years ago they did show the film '1984' straight after the final, which was jolly nice, although most of the viewers who'd been transfixed by the sight of Jade waddling around naked for the last few weeks probably turned it over after five-minutes without a car-chase.

Has anyone posted to that Big Brother forum yet?  I've just bothered to look though a little of it, and a more vacuous and drivel-led load of twaddle I've never read in all my puff.  Lead me to some naughty Shell-style trollery, please.  I could do with a laugh.

weekender

I saw this thread on the first page and gave up my will to live.

http://community.channel4.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=162603557&f=8216069011&m=826606128

Here's me thinking that GB gets bad sometimes...

Peking O

This one is good too:

http://community.channel4.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=162603557&f=8216069011&m=641607128

Poll Question:
do u think there will be another gay(S) in?

Choices:
yes
no
yes n thy'll be snoggin n stuff

Crazy Penis

And I thought the 'What will Davina's opening line be' thread was bad.

Crazy Penis

Quote from: "Partridge's Love Child"Has anyone posted to that Big Brother forum yet?  I've just bothered to look though a little of it, and a more vacuous and drivel-led load of twaddle I've never read in all my puff.  Lead me to some naughty Shell-style trollery, please.  I could do with a laugh.

I'd completely forgot.
Peking O's gay link looks a bit suss, being started by a newbie.

Peking O

Quote from: "Crazy Penis"Peking O's gay link looks a bit suss, being started by a newbie.

It wasn't started by me if that's what you're suggesting. I may be bored, but not quite that bored (yet).

Crazy Penis

Nah. It was just the previous talk of signing up to mock them and them seeing the thread starters low post count in your link suggested that someone may have already started the mocking.

Smackhead Kangaroo

I can think of a more evil house than that in my sleep. no spikes or horns? and lights? why lights? no furniture stuck to the ceiling- espceically toilets, beds made of straw on a hardwood plank etc etc

They should stick all the furniture on the ceiling, like in The Twits.

Timmay

Then they should pipe John Cage's excellent 4'33" through to them and not tell them they're doing it, to really mess with their heads.

Purple Tentacle

Relocating to Abu Ghraib prison would have been a hoot and a holler.

Rats

Wow, check out the evil jacuzzi. I love the bedroom. They should play fantomas full whack all day and watch them start gnawing the fittings.

MarmiteCarpenter

Small and claustrophobic? Its fucking huge! And look at all the lovely lighting, and bright sunshine streaming in! They want yellow walls, brown carpets and orange strip lighting. To keep things tense they should have the smell of creosote continuosly pumped into the house.

gazzyk1ns

Hehe yellow walls, brown carpets and orange strip lighting... that would be class. I used to work at Willis in Ipswich and they were really proud of the decor inside there, all the bosses were always bleeting on about how top designers and ergonomics experts crafted the perfect pleasant, productive, workplace. They've got green carpets, yellow walls, and horrible dull lighting, with two massive escalators droning constantly in the background. They also didn't seem to think about the fact that they were designing the whole interior in Norwich City colours, literally 100 meters from Ipswich Town's ground.

Good old top designers and ergonomics experts.

Rats is right, that jacuzzi is clearly evil, I'm sure girls won't want to frollick about in that half naked or anything.

Bollock Chops

Apparently, they're going to go down the same route as 'I'm a Celebrity' by having them do 'nasty' challenges. So now we have to put up with six weeks of vacuous fuckwits eating each other's used jam-rags and/or seeing how many sheeps eyeballs they can vomit into each others gaping arseholes, etc.

@ssmaster

@ssmaster

Oh great a high pitched baldy over camp guy called Marco to start.

The baldy doesn't like "refugees that sponge off the government and all its hard-earned money"

Tokyo Sexwhale

Great! A gay man who isn't a stereotype!

Nauseating Camp Guy:  Check

Edit  Boy they've really picked these carefully.  The gay guy is a xenophobe and the foreign guy is a homophobe.

Don't none of you people know Hells Kitchen is on ITV1? Get with 2004 man.

Haha, and they've got a homophobic refugee in there with the refugee-hating gay bloke.

Gazeuse

I think I've spotted what they're up to.