Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:22:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

vic and bob on TOTP2 next week

Started by fbb bastard, February 07, 2004, 12:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

axel

Vic and Bob seem to be everywhere at the moment. Hope Catterick is a return to form, although it sounds spookily ike 'League of Gentlemen'.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,7946-990193,00.html

http://news.independent.co.uk/people/profiles/story.jsp?story=487695

Ben Ordinary

There's a big article about them in the new issue of Jack magazine (which bizarrely seems to have got 'quite good' since the IFG fiasco). Lots of nice on set photos taken by Vic and a decent, if not especially funny interview with the two.

Truly, If you've ever wanted a photo frame sized picture of Matt Lucas' big face, this is the magazine for you.

Doctor Stamen

Quote"I'd have beri-beri - 'He's the only one who can solve the crime, but he's only got six months to live.' In the opening shot, I'm coming back from Africa and not feeling very well. The doctor asks me how many berries I had out there. When I say 'Two', he replies, 'You've got beri-beri.' Over the six episodes, I'd be nearly dying, but in the end it turns out that I've only got beri, so all I need is a paracetamol."

That's excellent, they have to make this!  They do seem to have an obsession with beri-beri though.  Anyways, I'm really looking forward to Catterick.

weekender

Just a bump to say that this is on in a few minutes.

weekender

Heh, I have Jilted John on video now.  I feel so happy.

Doctor Stamen

Slade!  Get down and get with it!!!

weekender

I found out from Darrell that Vic n Bob have a whole week of TOTP2.

I panicked when I realised that it was Tuesday and I'd missed yesterday's show.  Then after three minutes I realised that it was Monday.  I can't decide if this thread should be in here or in SE.  Tell you what, I'll bung a link in SE, everyone's happy.

Ben Ordinary

Well from what I saw so far, Vic and Bob have a great taste in music. Rob Brydon's week on TOTP2 last year had some funny stories in them but his choice of tunes was fairly piss.(Although I liked the theming of years on some of the editions.) I could nt bear to even attempt Amanda Holden's week though...

Doctor Stamen

They seem to have very good taste, if you excuse Billy Ray Cyrus which I presume was just some kind of sick joke.

This is great though.  I really could sit and listen to Vic and Bob talk daft shit all day long.

Ben Ordinary

Quote from: "Doctor Stamen"They seem to have very good taste, if you excuse Billy Ray Cyrus which I presume was just some kind of sick joke.

This is great though.  I really could sit and listen to Vic and Bob talk daft shit all day long.

Yes, I've been taping these so far and only had to stop the tape during Cyrus' dirge. The stupid banter about attempting to beckon him almost made up for it though.

Almost.

Phill Jupitus does TOTP2 next week according to the RT today. This of course means DOUBLE Fresh Prince before hand. TEN in one week. How the kids are treated!

imitationleather

Has The Simpsons gone for good then?

And what is with that fucking shit on BBC2 at 6pm? A load of twats talking for 50 minutes, that's what it is.

Doctor Stamen

Isn't The Simpsons going onto Channel 4 at some point?

fbb bastard

Quote from: "imitationleather"Has The Simpsons gone for good then?

And what is with that fucking shit on BBC2 at 6pm? A load of twats talking for 50 minutes, that's what it is.

damn is that shit on all week then?...the thing with the headgimp from the daily sport as the host?......bollox

TotalNightmare

Quote from: "fbb bastard"
Quote from: "imitationleather"Has The Simpsons gone for good then?

damn is that shit on all week then?...the thing with the headgimp from the daily sport as the host?......bollox

I think its just the bbc 2 folk saying 'Fuck, we've lost the Simpsons... what can we replace it with?' and so they are bashing out a whole host of ideas...

However, this Traitor thing is good. They are all a bunch of fuckwits shouting accusations left right and centre, squabbling, arguing and fighting and basically showing us all in advance what living in Britain during a terrorist threat would be like...

"Its that guy, he looks shifty, HE's the traitor"

They are usually badly wrong.

Makes me laugh.

But not as much as Vic and Bob talking about numbering all the songs on the show, adding them together and getting us to phone in with the number you chose.

Made me giggle it did!

Jemble Fred

Wish they'd been given the job of writing up the texty bits in each clip as well - I'm rarely interested in Wayne Carr's opinions to be honest.

TotalNightmare

Quote from: "Jemble Fred"Wish they'd been given the job of writing up the texty bits in each clip as well - I'm rarely interested in Wayne Carr's opinions to be honest.

Who asked you.

Oh.

I see.

Sorry.

Is that a duck i see over there?