Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:53:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Old Verbwhores Play

Started by Cerys, October 05, 2010, 03:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerys

I finally tracked this down, and despite the largely impossible sound effects, I'd like to see what we can do about actually performing it.  Jem, anyone - thoughts?

http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=18433.270 - starts about ten posts down.

I say 'old'.  Only 2008, apparently.  Seems much longer ago.  Ah well.

the midnight watch baboon

That does seem like it was '06 or something! A good play though; shame we don't see much of Sexton posting these days.

Jemble Fred

I'd be happy to edit the text and perform in it, but there's no way I could handle the production! You'd have to lose that weird bit in the middle where Verbwhores all 'play our selves' too.

Cerys

Agreed.  If we edit and tighten it, then find some poor sap someone with the relevant knowhow to produce, maybe (just maybe) we'd get to hear it in action.  It may turn out to be one of those scripts that reads better than it performs, but I'd love to find out.

Ginyard

Don't remember that one. I'm cool doing some fx but I'm really snowed under with work till christmas (when it does start snowing) so can't really commit in earnest.

I reckon a play is possible but maybe its best if a limit of 5 or 6 characters is established from the off otherwise you get an insane number of voices involved and it becomes an unfathomable mess. Or perhaps it needs serious editing and economising and then some new material added. or not. I dunno. I'm just a butane gas man.

It reads funny (Sexton was fucking great at that stuff) but I'm not sure I'd be able to make out what the hell is going on as it stands. Its easy for us to go wandering off the page  into flights of fantasy - and its fun to hear  -  but I think you ultimately need a bit of structure and a degree of concentration to it if you're going to spend time recording it. Or maybe just some farting noises and frying pan head bashing fx. Or sex noises. Who's up for making sex noises with me? Oh, alright.....be like that.

Jemble Fred

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2890165/Whores%20In%20The%20Dark.doc

That's my take on it anyway. Bagsy I'm Vicar, Aslan and John Hurt if anyone wants to produce.

Cerys

Works for me.  Bagsy the White Witch.  And possibly Lulu if no other ladywhores join in.