Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:03:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The X Superbox

Started by Still Not George, October 09, 2010, 05:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Still Not George

Egosoft have decided to release the entire X series of games in a special edition, complete with an encyclopedia of the X Universe and a Bonus DVD containing a metric shitload of mods for the games.

For those who don't know the X series, essentially they're Elite clones taken a very long way further. The original was a plot-based explore-em-up with quite a lot of heavy shooting; the X-Tension add-on added more economic actions to the mix. By X2 you could control entire fleets of ships (by remote control while piloting your main ship), own your own stations and compete in the game's own rather unique space economy. X3 went down the same route but added more storyline and more alien races to trade with. Each game has been almost painfully beautiful for its time, with X3: Terran Conflict being particularly amazing to look at.

I'm a bit of an X universe fanboy, so I will very likely be buying this sometime soon once the English version is released. Will let people know how worthwhile it turns out. Meanwhile all the X Games (and the Superbox) are available from Steam right now.

Big Jack McBastard

Cool beans! I loved the Beyond the Frontier and The Threat, have yet to get round to playing Reunion and so on as my computer is both very rubbish and partially disabled due to my heavy handed (read: 'inept') handling of a relatively innocuous trojan a wee while back. As soon as I get a new one sorted I'll be on this like a fly on a warm turd.