Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:05:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

SyFy Channel originals / low budget crap

Started by Famous Mortimer, October 11, 2010, 11:37:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

As any casual flicker through the lower end of the digital numbers can attest, there's loads of fucking films get made every day. SyFy pumps em out on a regular basis, and you've got Asylum "Entertainment" as well as loads of others.

So are there any gems you've found through your trawling?

I'll give plenty of love to "Digital Man", a trashy whoops-our-mega-powerful-android-escaped film, which manages to be loads of fun and rip along at a fair old pace. And anything co-starring Rutger Hauer and Mark Dacascos (more films than you'd think).

I always get it mixed up with The Horror Channel so may not be completely correct but do they show Giant Octopus Versus Mega Shark, Titanic 2, Transmorphers and the excellent Alien versus Hunter?

Anyways i usually see how long i can sit watching before it gets too much! Have to say Alen v Hunter was terrible beyond words but strangely compelling at the same time!   

AsparagusTrevor

I have a new found love for Syfy since their Lake Placid 3 features lovely ex-Emmerdale actress Roxanne Pallet getting nude, so as long as they keep stuff like that up they're fine in my book. I didn't watch it past her getting eaten by a crocodile so I can't comment on the film itself.

Famous Mortimer

There's a few I always seem to catch on Zone Horror, and one of my favourites is "Ice Spiders". The title gives it all away, but it's a little cheap cracker of a film.

AsparagusTrevor

kidsick5000

Isn't SyFy where Roger Corman has ended up? He's done Sharktopus for them as far as I know.
Probably healthier than the direct to DVD market though I doubt he'll get some future Oscar winners out of this bunch. Be nice if he did though.
But with Sharktopus and Giant Octopus Versus Mega Shark, just me or is there an unofficial competition to make the most bat-shit nuts[nb]non-Japanese because they'd win hands down[/nb] film possible

Famous Mortimer

I think they realised that making a film like Mega Shark...got them free publicity and extra $$. They'd done films like that before - Mansquito comes to mind - and it's not like the damned shark film was any good either.

Small Man Big Horse

This looks appalling, and has a pretty low score on IMDB.

Yet I still desperately want to see it.

AsparagusTrevor

Also a nice candidate for the Photoshop Disasters thread.

weirdbeard

Titanic 2
A cruise liner sets sail on the 100th anniversary of the Titanic's doomed maiden voyage. When a tsunami hurls an iceberg into the ship's path, the crew and passengers struggle to avoid suffering the same fate as their predecessors.

Jemble Fred

Quote from: weirdbeard on November 07, 2010, 11:39:43 PM
Titanic 2
A cruise liner sets sail on the 100th anniversary of the Titanic's doomed maiden voyage. When a tsunami hurls an iceberg into the ship's path, the crew and passengers struggle to avoid suffering the same fate as their predecessors.

Sounds to me like that plot desperately needs some ghosts.

mrClaypole

When the SCI FI channel 1st started they showed a really bad Star Wars parody, it involved a Darth Vaderish character who went around the Mid west of the USA looking for something that had been stolen by the good guys. He had a Helmet that looked like a large plastic tube that had been sprayed black. I didnt catch the end of it as I was off out for the night but Id love to know what it was (Im certain its not spaceballs). I couldnt work out if it was meant to be a Homage or a pee pee take.

Santa's Boyfriend

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on November 07, 2010, 10:39:12 PM
Also a nice candidate for the Photoshop Disasters thread.

How is it possible to photoshop a man's beard too far to one side?  What the fuck are these people doing?

EDIT:  Oooh, no it's his eyes...