Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:51:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Alanis Morissette's new album, "So-Called Chaos", is out today!

Started by i_claim_my_novelty_face, May 17, 2004, 02:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have been waiting months for this moment. Yes, it's here, and it is beautiful beyond words. So, has anyone else heard it or the first single, "Everything"? What do you think?

falafel

Meh.

On Jools Holland the other day. A bit dull, but might be a grower. Never really liked the woman. I'll download it, suck it and see sorta thing.

Quotei_claim_my_novelty_face

Interesting moniker.

chand

I saw her on Jools and thought 'Ah, more fucking list songs'.

Hang on a minute...she hasn't written that many list songs. Let's classify all her commercially released songs under three categories - List Songs, Semi-List Songs and Non-List Songs.

List Songs:

Hand In My Pocket
You Learn
Not The Doctor
Thank U
Are You Still Mad?
Sympathetic Character
That I Would Be Good
Would Not Come
Eight Easy Steps
Out Is Thru
Everything

Semi-List Songs:

Right Through You
Ironic
Baba
U R
One
Joining You
21 Things I Want In A Lover
Narcissus
Hands Clean
So Unsexy
Precious Illusions
You Owe Me Nothing In Return
Surrendering
Utopia
Excuses
Doth I Protest Too Much
Spineless

Non-List Songs:

All I Really Want
You Oughta Know
Perfect
Forgiven
Mary Jane
Wake Up
Your House
Front Row
I Was Hoping
Unsent
So Pure
Heart Of The House
Your Congratulations
Flinch
That Particular Time
A Man
Knees Of My Bees
Not All Me
So-Called Chaos
This Grudge

So that's 11 list songs, 20 semi-list songs, and 20 non-list songs. And that excludes the stuff from Feast On Scraps.

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

mr rou-rou

wow, you really like Alanis Noisette
respect to your loyalty,

I fancy her, is she autistic, having seen her body movements I have to wonder, she does that odd fingers things, like she is trying to rub syrup of them with neighbouring fingers,

I'd have to tape her mouth closed though, isn't that ironic?

oo someone's beaten me to it [here]

chand

Quote from: "i_claim_my_novelty_face"Hang on a minute...she hasn't written that many list songs. Let's classify all her commercially released songs under three categories - List Songs, Semi-List Songs and Non-List Songs.

With the exception of 'You Oughta Know', I'd pretty much class every single song I've heard by her as a list song, songs where every line in either the verse or chorus is structured the same.

Her best ever song is "Still", which is on the Dogma soundtrack. Now that is fucking brilliant, and the only song of hers I've ever really enjoyed listening to.

mrpants

I think I would classify All I Really Want as a list song.  Isn't she listing what she really wants?

I liked Jagged Little Pill at the time (1996?) and remember listening to it a fair bit as it was something my girlfriend and I both liked.  I put it on the other day and I couldn't get into it at all, thus leading me to believe it was very much 'of it's time'.

Besides, I'm more of a Tori Amos fan myself...

elderford

Hasn't Alanis now been replaced by Avril Lavigne in the angst stakes?